Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

multiple header

stevelucky

Forum User
Junior
is there anyway to have multiple headers? i have a client that wants to have a different header for each page. the navigation and everything will stay the same, they just want a different image for the header. they're going to have mostly static pages.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You can use PHP code in header.thtml. And the theme can even override the entire COM_siteHeader function if you have a function named, e.g., professional_siteHeader (replace "professional" with the name of your theme) in the theme's functions.php

bye, Dirk

stevelucky

Forum User
Junior
okay. this is great to know that this is possible. but i'll be honest and say that i'm still not quite sure about how to go about doing this. is there anywhere that you can point me that will give me a little more specifics?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Here is an earlier post of mine. Instead of changing the color you could as well change any images.

Simply write some PHP code that checks where on the site the user is an then emit CSS or HTML to include the images you want.

bye, Dirk

Blaine

Forum User
As Dirk noted, you can take full control over the siteheader by tweaking the theme header.thtml, adding some php if the need for dynamic change is small or replace the COM_siteHeader function with a custom function that is theme specific.

This site is a project I did for a client and clicking on a colored tab effects the overall site template such as all the links change to match the selected tab color. It uses a custom COM_siteHeader function.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content