Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 04:49 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Media Gallery Upload Error

ofey

Forum User
confused
Hi,

I installed Media Gallery 1.2.6 using GL 1.4.0sr3.

I have created an album and am unable to upload any images and I get the following error.
Text Formatted Code
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/hsphere/local/home/trojangy/trojangymclub.ie/mediagallery/mediaobjects/orig/5/515cff1bb3d9ddc97e7de7891d069a94.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/trojangy/trojangymclub.ie/mediagallery/lib-upload.php on line 664

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php6U9VIu' to '/hsphere/local/home/trojangy/trojangymclub.ie/mediagallery/mediaobjects/orig/5/515cff1bb3d9ddc97e7de7891d069a94.gif' in /hsphere/local/home/trojangy/trojangymclub.ie/mediagallery/lib-upload.php on line 664

I wonder do I need to set permissions recursively?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane Confused
Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

mevans

Forum User
Shane,

This is definately a permissions issue. Basically, the web server will need to have write permissons on all of the directories below mediagallery/mediaobject/

If you are hosting on a Linux/Unix environment, you can do a quick check to see if there are any permission issues. Go into:

Admins Only -> Media Gallery -> Configuration and then Save. Media Gallery will do a check and report any directories it cannot write to.

Let me know if this takes care of the issue.

Thanks!
Mark

ofey

Forum User
happy
Hi Mark,

Thanks alot. My plan with my hosting company is on a Unix server and so I was able to check as you suggested. I changed the permissions on all of some 50 or so files which were not writeable. I don't have shell access (I need to request this of my host) so it was a bit of pain not being able to change permissions recursively with a one line command. Anyway it's done now and all is working perfectly. Big Celebration

Thanks for your help and this great easy to use plugin.

Shane

Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:49 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content