Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 11:30 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

mediagallery problem

tabish

Forum User
hi,

I setup mediagellery plugin and made a new gropu and associated Admin to that group.

Now the problem is, when i login as admin, i see MediaGallery admin area but when i login as a user, i dont see any option to make my own gallery, please let me know what am i doing wrong?

Regards
Tabish

mevans

Forum User
Tabish,

It sounds like you solved the problem with the ability to see the Media Gallery Admin options, that is good.

To create albums, you must be an administrator, at least to create off the root or main area. By default, only Media Gallery Admins or site admins can create albums.

But, you can create an album (as an admin) and give members the ability to add media or create sub-albums. Look at the permission settings in the album create/edit screen.

Keep in mind, the create album function is located in a drop down menu (upper right hand corner of the Media Gallery display). So if you select the link for Media Gallery, you will see a message stating there are no albums, look in the upper right hand corner, you will see 'Admin' dropdown, you should have a 'Create Album' option in that dropdown (as long as you are logged in as an admin).

For detailed documentation on all this, you can browse the Media Gallery documentation Wiki.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:30 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content