Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moving articles from one GL site to another?

Dan

Anonymous
Hello,

Okay lets say I have geeklog site #1. I have 63 stories in topicA.

I now have geeklog site #2(separate database, server, bla bla). I want the 63 stories from topicA on geeklog site #1 on geeklog site #2.

Is there any easy way to do this other than just reposting every article? I thought of creating topicA in geeklog site #2, then exporting and importing via phpMyAdmin but (1) I am not sure the exact SQL Query for that, (2) I am not sure that would even work.

Thanks.

KungfuBeer

Forum User
Good question....

I would say you should export from gl_stories then import them into the other db.

You can export any result set from MySQL Query Browser by right-clicking within the result set and choosing an option from the Export Resultset sub-menu. You can choose to export the result set in CSV, XML, HTML, Microsoft Excel XLS or PLISTformats.

Or from query browser, SELECT *
FROM `gl_stories` and select File and Save As

KungfuBeer

Forum User
I will lookup how to import to the other db when I have some more time.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Things to be aware of:

Each article has an author and owner (usually identical) and an owner group. Those are represented by their IDs. Simply copying over the data may make the article belong to some other user or group, so you have to adjust these IDs accordingly.

A similar issue exists with the topic, only that the topic ID is editable and therefore easier to fix.

For images, there are corresponding entries in the gl_article_images that you have to port over.

Comments are in a separate table, too.

HTH

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content