Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 05:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

What CMS should I pick? Need help

Justin

Anonymous
confused
I am looking to make a website, but dont have the money to pay 300 or more for a content management system, especially if free ones are better or do more. Here is a email that I have sent to various companies asking about their software.

"hello, Your software looks very interesting, I just have a few questions.

Does the software have a built in poll posting system (where all users or selected users) can post polls to EACH ARTICLE? And does it limit to one ip address, and all the data for all polls stored in a database?

Can I publish adsense campaigns automatically? If I have thousands and thousands of pages, do I have to go in and put the adsense code manually on each page?

is there a system in place for posting up banner ads? like preset areas where I can place banners, on the home page etc.

can users comment on articles and rate articles? and can visitors to my site search by highest rated articles etc? also, is there any system in place where i can autodelete poorly rated articles? or, is there a method where i can let users flag spam articles or inappropriate articles as spam, and have those articles autodeleted, ala myspace or craigslist? (again, im looking to have many many pages)

is there anyway to sort articles by location of the author, author name, and other author info

Is it possible to autorotate between different articles on the front page?

Thanks for your time"

Can you guys tell me the best CMS? PHP Nuke? Geeklog? Thanks for your help

Don

Forum User
I switched off Geeklog and used PHP nuke for about a year. Got hacked twice.

Came back to Geeklog and I don't intend on using anything else. It's secure, customizable and has all the features you're looking for. And it's free.

What did you expect to hear on the Geeklog forum? Very Happy

- D

Justin

Anonymous
lol, ok, but does it have the above features i mentioned?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Why don't you head over to our demo site and try it out?

bye, Dirk

Rocky

Anonymous
You can choose between GL and Drupal and Xoops and e107

GL has reputation based on security while e107 is very feature rich and veryvery easy to mange. GL plugins are NOT oneclick installs as well as the fact that GL versions have been slow to get published - Drupal is very modular, lots of plugin, with very easy installs. To test is very easy - you can download and use xamp to test.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content