Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

advanced editor for admins with cvs

ldfoo

Forum User
Junior
Hi

I have the latest 1.41cvs version under xampp WinXP and am not able to get the advanced editor working for admin login - The fckeditor toolbar shows up for static pages and for anonymous contribute but not for story submit by admin - any ideas pls

thanks
Laurie

ldfoo

Forum User
Junior
Just updated from cvs - there were some story adjustments but I haven't looked yet to see if they are related. - but anyway, though the story edit defaults to "std" using "contribute" with an admin login, I found the option to choose "std" or "adv" editor under story in the admin menu - its works fine from there so all I need to avoid extra menu steps is to create a link a menu item to the adv editor for my admin login - I actually prefer it this way with the std as default and an option to use the adv - just a pity, I'm not logical enough and it took me so long to find it.
Big Celebration

ldfoo

Forum User
Junior
oops - not quite there yet - Selecting the advanced editor link from the admin/story menu brings up the fckeditor toolbar and all works fine - but when preview story, the edit boxes below do not show the adv edit toolbar - using the browser back button from the preview allows to continue editing using the adv editor.
Sad
Please advise if this is the wrong place to bring up difficulties with cvs versions

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Please stand by - this is currently being reviewed (see the "Story Editor UI" discussion here and here).

bye, Dirk

ldfoo

Anonymous
Thanks - I assumed it was a work in progress - appreciate your time to respond

Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content