Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:04 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

The Forum

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have the forum working but I dont seem to be able to get the ranking of users to change as they post. I have it so that at 1 thye are newbie, at 15 Junior, 30 chatty e.t.c. But not only does the forum not display "Newbie, Junior, chatty e.t.c" for each user, it does not upgrade their star rating either - it remains on 1 star.

How can I fix this?

Another question - How can I have a Moderator star rating and the word "Moderator" display under the names of moderators like it does to my admin account?

Any answers to the above questiosn would be great - thanks in advance.

KungfuBeer

Forum User
How can I have a Moderator star rating and the word "Moderator" display under the names of moderators like it does to my admin account?

Go to Forum under Admin Control Panel, then Moderator.

Select the user, the forum(s) and the permissions you want the moderator to have. Look at a forum where they have posted and you should see their rank updated.

Now for the other problem, you can try this.....

Still in the Forum Admin page, click on Forums, then try ReSync to see if your changes get updated.

Do you have Extra User Settings: Enable optional extra user settings enabled?

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
I already have moderators but the change in rank does not happen. What is ReSync? I dont see what you mean here.

Extra User Settings: Enable optional extra user settings is not enabled. Should it be? What does it do?

Please continue to provide some help. The website address is :
www.best-entertainment.co.uk if you would like to have a look, in the forum some members have over 30 posts and they should now have 3 stars but they only have 1 and it does not display them a chatty yet!

Please help!. Shocked

KungfuBeer

Forum User
The resync button is under the forum admin/forums. There is one for each forum.

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thank you.

Does anyone know how to get the star rating to change as users post things on my forum? At the moment it remains at 1 star all the time.

emosmack

Forum User
When trying to add moderators I recieve a message:
"An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details."

The error log says:
"Thu 08 Jun 2006 04:32:12 PDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT forum_name FROM gl_forum_forums WHERE forum_id= "

I have NO clue what to do. Help? Thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:04 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content