Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

just installed geeklog2

Pinchnpaw

Forum User
After getting Geeklog all set up and running on my server I decided that I wanted the most up to date version available. The the 1.3 something setup provided by my web hosting company just didnt cut it. Must be a guy thing, but if it ain't the best I don't want it.
My compliments to the authors of the install docs. I'm no genius, and it took me a long time to teach myself html, so php to me is still a foreign language. Only took three tries to get the config right, but that was mostly due to the fact that I wanted to move, and rename the public_html directory to enable access thru the use of a subdomain. That all went well as I was glad to see notations in the config files specifically for that option. My only letdown was when I found how much work my templates files would need to be compatable. I had put quite a bit of work into them to achieve the look, and feel of the rest of my website. Not to sound like I'm complaining, it is what it is, and I'll get them done.
I do have one question for anyone who might know, or who may have tried it. Is it possible to run framed html pages within the static pages. I tried it quickly once, but got a blank page as a result. What I'm actually trying to do is run a php application within a static page, without actually having to write each page as a static page within geeklog. Thanks again to all the Geeklog developers, and contributors. Without you guys I would have nothing. It's pretty empty right now, but if you get a chance drop by http://community.pinchnpaw.com and take a look. It will be changing in leaps and bounds.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Looks more like Geeklog 1.4 to me Wink

bye, Dirk

Pinchnpaw

Forum User
It is 1.4 Dirk. I guess I wasn't clear. I dumped the 1.3 to upgrade. The upgrade is what I am speaking of. Thanks a bunch.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Damn, and I thought someone actually tried installing GL2.

--Tony
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

beewee

Forum User
Oh, so it isn't the GL 3.0 pre-alpha version what's running here? What a shame!
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content