After getting Geeklog all set up and running on my server I decided that I wanted the most up to date version available. The the 1.3 something setup provided by my web hosting company just didnt cut it. Must be a guy thing, but if it ain't the best I don't want it.
My compliments to the authors of the install docs. I'm no genius, and it took me a long time to teach myself html, so php to me is still a foreign language. Only took three tries to get the config right, but that was mostly due to the fact that I wanted to move, and rename the public_html directory to enable access thru the use of a subdomain. That all went well as I was glad to see notations in the config files specifically for that option.
My only letdown was when I found how much work my templates files would need to be compatable. I had put quite a bit of work into them to achieve the look, and feel of the rest of my website. Not to sound like I'm complaining, it is what it is, and I'll get them done.
I do have one question for anyone who might know, or who may have tried it. Is it possible to run framed html pages within the static pages. I tried it quickly once, but got a blank page as a result. What I'm actually trying to do is run a php application within a static page, without actually having to write each page as a static page within geeklog.
Thanks again to all the Geeklog developers, and contributors. Without you guys I would have nothing.
It's pretty empty right now, but if you get a chance drop by http://community.pinchnpaw.com and take a look. It will be changing in leaps and bounds.