Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Config.php showing up!

bedathur

Forum User
confused
Something happened when I edited and saved my config.php file this afternoon (I just changed the allowable image size and nothing else) and suddenly my site that was working just fine for the last 3 years is broken! When I open my site URL, the entire contents of config.php shows up on the browser!!! This is extremely odd!! I have gone thru the entire config.php file line by line looking for any unacceptable character that I might have typed unknowingly but I didn't find any. I am completely stumped! Could someone please help!!!

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
Sounds like you are missing something like:
Text Formatted Code
<?php

at the beginning or:
Text Formatted Code
?>

at the end or maybe both.

Could you post the url of your site? I would suggets you to remove the database password untill it works again.

dimis-site.be

bedathur

Forum User
embarrassed
Damn!! It was as simple as that. I had deleted the first line accidentally -- wonder how I did that and didn't catch it being a programmer myself!!! Thanks for pointing that out!

The moment I noticed that something had gone wrong, I did remove the password from the file Smile

Thanks for your help!

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
You're welcome, I'm glad to hear everything works again!
dimis-site.be

beewee

Forum User
You better change your database username and password, since it might be possible that somebody else has seen it, or that Google might have picked it up and will show it in her cache...
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

bedathur

Forum User
okay
Good suggestion! I noticed this almost immediately and tried to troubleshoot right away (after changing the db password). When I couldn't after 5 minutes, I renamed the file so it wouldn't show up on the browser. But it is possible that somebody has seen it and/or google has cached it.

Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content