Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

User Submission set to 1

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Is anyone getting multiple "Account Information" emails for new users (when config.php is set to "new users must be approved")?

I am running Geeklog 1.4.0sr2 on Redhat 4.2. I set Geeklog's config.php usersubmission to:
$_CONF['usersubmission'] = 1; // 1 = new users must be approved
as well as
$_CONF['notification'] = array ('user');

When I create a batch file for a list of users to be imported, the system sends out an email to the user with a User ID and passwords. However, this ID and password cannot be used as User Status is still Awaiting Authorization.

When I go to User Submission to approve User (via the radio buttons), it sends out a second Email to the users with a new password. The end result is that the user receive 2 notification emails.

Dirk, have I done something wrong? or is this a bug?

PS: when $_CONF['usersubmission'] = 0; the problem doesn't occur.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by barrywong: When I create a batch file for a list of users to be imported, the system sends out an email to the user with a User ID and passwords. However, this ID and password cannot be used as User Status is still Awaiting Authorization.

Hmm, the status should actually be "Awaiting Activation" and the password should work ...

bye, Dirk

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Dirk

I tried batch process again and email was sent out to user upon successful batch import. Checked User Status and it is definitely set to "Awaiting Authorization". When I approve these users via User Submission's radio buttons, a second set of email are sent out again.

If I were to set Userubmission =0; then above problem doesn't occur and Usersubmission shows "Awaiting Activation".

I also notice one strange behaviour after batch import. After the import, when the system prompts the success of the batch, the Title shows Geeklog - Error
Text Formatted Code

<title>Geeklog  - Error</title>

However, the results shows everything is OK:

New Users

Working on username=Barry.Wong, fullname=Barry Wong, and email=wong@mydomain.com

Account for Barry.Wong created successfully.

Working on username=Barry1, fullname=Barry1, and email=wong1@mydomain.com

Account for Barry1 created successfully.

Done processing. Imported 2 and encountered 0 failures

I check error.log but nothing there shows up any error.

Any thought?

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Dirk and team

It seem to appear to me that when usersubmission=1, a successful batch import should not send out an email until Admin has "Approved" the users in Admins Only=>Submission=>User Submission. Only then should the email be fowarded to the user. Somehow it is doing it when import is done and then again when approval is given. Alternatively, if it is a batch import, it should not be necessary for Approval to be initiated. Either way should fix this problem.

I can get around it by changing usersubmission to "0" whenever I want to do a batch import, but I know that isn't what you had intended when you created this function.

I need to know 2 things. Is this problem on peculiar to my site or is this a Geeklog 1.4.0 bug. Is there a setting that I could go and toggle to fix this.

Thank you.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It appears to be a bug in 1.4.0 and is currently being looked into.

bye, Dirk

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok. Thank you for responding. I will use the work around for the time being.
Its a deal - shaking hands

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content