Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How many visitors you have?

Plum

Anonymous
Hi,

We have built a Chinese slashdot-like site (solidot.org) using geeklog. Less than one year, we now have 5k uniques and 12k pageviews per day. It's not very good, also not bad, just average.

How about you?

beewee

Forum User
Please correct the URL in your link.

My sites have a much smaller target group, since the Netherlands are a bit smaller than China, I have a site with about 1 k uniques/day (after a year), and two new sites with about 200 uniques/day and still growing. One of theme is about sailing and is now often present in the sports section of the dutch Google News because of the Volvo Ocean Race.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by beewee: Please correct the URL in your link.

Anonymous users can't edit their posts, so I fixed it for him.

bye, Dirk

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
One of my sites has 550 uniques a day and growing. That site is hmmm...3 years old this month! Hmmm how time flies.

It takes time and a lot of hard work to establish your online presence and reputation. If you keep at it, the traffic (and rewards) should come...eventually. That my Just my two cents Mr. Green
Regards Jill

1000ideen

Forum User
Maybe this forum wants a "pro blogger" section? Serious bloggers are a good target group for geeklog.

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
excited
Well I'd certainly be up for that Its a deal - shaking hands I'm just moving into that arena having run other types of sites with GL up until now.

I'm a huge fan of the problogger guy actually...and he's an Aussie like me... Very Happy Razz
Regards Jill

Plum

Anonymous
In addition, now there are more Chinese people know Geeklog because of Solidot, We mentioned we're using geeklog on our about page.

1000ideen

Forum User
I read on the mail lists that the developers try to make geeklog faster and not waste resources.

I wonder one thing:
The geeklog.net home page contains 65 images, 29 of them are just speck.gif in tables. Can one say that a css theme like axons is faster because it has less spacer gif? Does it produce less server load? Is this an important thing?

BTW you can see the size of a page and the number of images in the extended status bar add on in Firefox.

~~~
http://performancing.com/metrics/start

::Ben

Forum User
To monitor visitors there is Alexa Traffic History Graph

Tools are on www.alexa.com

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

webguru

Forum User
Quote by: cordiste

To monitor visitors there is http://www.geeklog.fr/cms/article.php/Alexa_Traffic_History_Graph Alexa Traffic History Graph
Tools are on www.alexa.com

Alexa is the best service available online to monitor your site traffic. Though its data is based on just a sample and not actual visitor count yet its the only relaible source to monitor your site performance. The less your site ranking is on alexa the more is value of it, the no#1 rank means the best one.

Ralf Schwoebel

HostV

Forum User
I have 2 geeklogs setup and I use Google Analytics to monitor both, great free tool! Smile
www.hostv.com

mocoli

Forum User
Junior
Amount of traffic you get depends on many factors like the subject of your website, the optimizations you did for your website. I mean both on-page and off-page optimizations. seo has a lot of effect on your traffic. All ways help your website to known more can help you.
One of my friends had a website which had about 100,000 page views daily but he really did a lot of work for it. When you try more, you get more visits too Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content