Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

plugin problems

redmach1_04

Forum User
Okay, I'm a newb to Geeklog... but I love the CMS!

I access Geeklog page by going to www.urlname.com/geeklog_folder/

I'm set up like this:

Top_Level
public_ftp
public_html
subfolder where Geeklog is installed

So wouldn't my Geeklog directory be the same as my public_html folder? I don't want my main site to be my geeklog site. When I go to the admin site, I'm getting a link to install, but it's doing nothing. The error log doesn't show any errors either. The step I'm having a problem with (I think) is:

** Copy the files and directories in the public_html directory to the public_html/mediagallery/ directory. **

Why would I copy my WHOLE website from public_html/GeekLog_Dir to my public_html/GeekLog_Dir/mediagallery ????

I'm having a hard time with this, but I am really excited to fully use GeekLog's features.

Any help would be appreciated.

redmach1_04

Forum User
Well, I copied all the files and directories in the public_html directory to the public_html/mediagallery/ directory. Still doesn't do anything but give me a blank screen when I click to install.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

1000ideen

Forum User
So first of all did you install Geeklog and does it work? If not, try to install it without th plugin.

mevans

Forum User
OK, let's see if we can get you up and running.

You are correct the Media Gallery instructions state copy to public_html/mediagallery/, this works fine for a standard geeklog install, but if you are using a slightly different directory structure, we'll need to adjust.

What you want to do is copy the Media Gallery public_html/* files to your geeklog_folder/mediagallery/ directory. You will also want to copy the Media Gallery admin/* files to your geeklog_folder/admin/plugins/mediagallery/ directory.

Basically, whenever you see public_html/ in the Media Gallery install instructions, replace that with 'geeklog_folder' and I think you'll be fine.

Let me know if this helps or if we need to dig a little deeper.

Thanks!
Mark

redmach1_04

Forum User
It worked. I have it installed. Now what does it mean by "absolute path" to install the pictures?

/public_html/geeklog_dir/album images/

Would that be my directory?

mevans

Forum User
Great! Glad it is working.

I'm assuming you are referring to the FTP Import process to load media into Media Gallery. You are correct, you must provide the absolute path on your server, which is the full path from the root directory.

Do this, look in your Geeklog config.php file and find the $_CONF['path'] line, it should have the absolute path to the Geeklog installation. Use that as your starting point and then add the /public_html/geeklog_dir/album_image/ to it and that should get you there (if your $_CONF['path'] already includes public_html/ then obviously remove it from my example).

Hopefully this will get you onto the next step.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks!
Mark

redmach1_04

Forum User
mevans, thanks a ton! I got it working & have photo's. I really appreciate your help! It's funny, I bought a book on PHP-Nuke just to decide I didn't like it. I downloaded GeekLog and I fell in love with the darned thing!

Thanks again!

mevans

Forum User
Great! Glad it is working well. I'll update the documentation for Media Gallery to better explain installation procedures for sites using a different directory structure.

Thanks!
Mark

redmach1_04

Forum User
Did you write that plugin? I didn't realize you submitted it to GeekLog. If you did write it, you did a great job. Works and looks great!! Looks to be easy to maintain now that I have it installed!

Thanks.

mevans

Forum User
Yep, I wrote it. I'm busy working on the next major release, if you are interested in what we're doing, visit the Media Gallery support site at www.mediagallery.org. If you have any feedback on ways to improve it or new ideas, I'm always happy to hear them.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content