Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 11:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Story Owner cannot Edit

micahmj11

Forum User
Junior
I have recently upgraded to 1.4 and since then, the edit icon no longer appears on stories that regular users own, so they cannot edit those stories. What should I be looking at to fix this?

Micah

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

micahmj11

Forum User
Junior
Dirk,

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to help. You always are able to guide me in the right direction. I have read the FAQ article you mentioned, but am not sure how to adapt that information to my speficic situation. Mabye you could help further.

On my site, all logged-in users have the ability to contribute stories that are immediately posted without going through the submission queue. They should also have the ability to automatically edit any story that they submit. I have no Story Admin set up, besides myself who is a root user. How should I configure geeklog so that whenever someone registers as a member, they automatically have the ability to edit the stories that they contribute. That is the way I had geeklog working for the last few years, until I upgraded to 1.4.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Micah
www.chiaddicts.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog has never allowed normal users to edit stories, so you must have made some sort of modification in the old version, e.g. giving story.edit permissions to the Logged-in Users group (which you can't do in Geeklog either - you would have to use a third-party add-on or modify the database directly).

Assuming that's what you did, you'd only have to make sure the topics are owned by a group in which all those users are in - pretty much as explained in the FAQ entry.

bye, Dirk

starenka

Anonymous
hi. got the same problem. BUT

my story admins CAN'T edit tehir posts even if i make a special group w/ all rights assigned to stories (edit, submit moderate). it's possibl only when root. how can i achieve that?

starenka

Anonymous
oh ye. ok the faq helped. such a lame i was. ok another question, is there a possibilty to make group edit rights as default in every post a story/topic admin creates?

1000ideen

Forum User
Did you check this in config.php?

$_CONF['default_permissions_block'] = array (3, 2, 2, 2);
$_CONF['default_permissions_event'] = array (3, 2, 2, 2);
$_CONF['default_permissions_story'] = array (3, 2, 2, 2);
$_CONF['default_permissions_topic'] = array (3, 2, 2, 2);

starenka

Anonymous
angelic
thx. yep. i was about to, but it's always easier to shout, am i right? sorry.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content