Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 07:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

MySQL errors upon installation/upgrade

chaseter

Forum User
Anyone have any ideas what might be causing an issue where MySQL is throwing this error?

- 1054: Unknown column 'archive_flag' in 'where clause'. SQL in question: SELECT tid FROM gl_topics WHERE archive_flag='1'

It seems as if all of the site is working except for the inde.php page. It seems to have something to do with the new archive feature for topics. Any help would be more than appreciated. It will save me from starting from scratch Sad

thanks everyone, Geeklog rocks!

cheers
Michael Chase

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The archive flag was introduced in 1.3.10. Which version of Geeklog were you running before you upgraded (and on which version are you now)?

bye, Dirk

chaseter

Forum User
I wAs running 1.3.11 and upgraded the database to 1.4 (1.3.12?)

I have used phpMyAdmin to explore the gl_topics tables but find no reference to the archive_flag tid. It is really interesting that it seems to affect the index.php page and the stories admin section. If I goto the moderation.php page (whcih I can login to just fine), the stories page works but if I try to edit a story I get the same error?

hopw this helps,

thanks for the reply

chase

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Were you running some other version before 1.3.11? Sounds like an earlier upgrade went wrong.

You can alway add the missing field manually (e.g. in phpMyAdmin):
Text Formatted Code
ALTER TABLE gl_topics ADD archive_flag tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER is_default

But it's likely that you're missing other fields as well ...

bye, Dirk

chaseter

Forum User
tied again to edit a story and this is the error it is throwing in the error.log now:

Sat 18 Feb 10:25:00 2006 - 1054: Unknown column 'c.lft' in 'order clause'. SQL in question: SELECT c.*, u.username, u.fullname, u.photo, 0 as pindent, unix_timestamp(c.date) AS nice_date FROM gl_comments as c, gl_users as u WHERE c.sid = '20060206165206696' AND c.uid = u.uid AND type='article'ORDER BY c.lft ASC LIMIT 0, 100

is my geeklog install hosed? god I am hoping it is just something simple with the story settings.

thanks Dirk,

chase

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by chaseter: 1054: Unknown column 'c.lft' in 'order clause'.

That field, 'lft', was also introduced in 1.3.10. So this confirms my suspicion that an earlier upgrade went wrong.

So, again: What were you running before 1.3.11? Actually, 1.3.11 shouldn't have worked without those fields either.

What you could try: Restore your last backup before the upgrade to 1.4.0. Confirm that the 'archive_flag' and 'lft' fields (in the comments table) are missing. Then do an upgrade again, but select 1.3.9 as the old version.

bye, Dirk

chaseter

Forum User
I will definitely try that Dirk. Thanks for taking the time and offering me advice.

cheers,
chase

p.s. wish me luck!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content