Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 07:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

FckEditor Toolbar not appearing after upgrade to 1.4.0

donm1021

Forum User
Chatty
Hello - I finally got the 1.4.0 upgrade and installed - now after a successful installation I have edited my config.php and set the advanced editor to "true".

However, when I as the admin try to submit a story, I do not see the editor toolbar? I see + and - symbol above the editing window but that's all - no toolbar?

What do I need to do in order to get this to work?

**NOTE: I am using Firefox... I did see the following error in the Javascript Console if this helps anyone to figure out what the problem might be...

Error: FCKeditor is not defined
Source File: http://www.mysite.address/javascript/storyeditor_fckeditor.js
Line: 11

donm1021

Forum User
Chatty
I have gone back over and over the documentation... I didn't see anything in the upgrade information about the FckEditor. I could be wrong however, I have been before.

I reuploaded everything, and set the config.php to true to use the advanced editor. I also checked to see if the advanced templates were in the proper directories... [theme]/admin/story etc...

I just don't know what else I might have missed? I wouldn't think that if you were just upgrading you would have to do all of this? It might be just as well to do an single install of the editor itself as a plugin or something?

I get a javascript error in the javascript console in foxfire:

Error: FCKeditor is not defined
Source File: http://www.passion4revival.org/javascript/storyeditor_fckeditor.js
Line: 11

and the Editor does not display at all?

Blaine

Forum User
Test with the supplied GL 1.4 Professional theme. If it works fine then you know it's a theme issue.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

donm1021

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks for the reply Blaine, how do I do that, as it's been so long since I installed this the first time, I don't remember how to change themes?

Oh and BTW... I only have one theme and it's the professional theme.

**NOTE - Got it! Yeah, it was combination of my header.thtml and the style.css... once I included the new items from the css and the tags between the and in the header.thtml everything is working great!

Thanks!

Cornfused

Anonymous
caffeinated
Pardon me I am trying to get this to work in my own custom theme. Would you mind horribly telling us exactly what you changed?
Big Celebration Can someone help me Banging your head

donm1021

Forum User
Chatty
Make sure that the javascript tags for the editor are in the head of your header.thtml and that your style.css has been updated with the new added styles for 1.4.0

Hope this helps!

nobese

Anonymous
hi

some of our site users say same things: they do not see the editor toolbar? they see + and - symbol above the editing window but that's all - no toolbar?

but i think its works some browser, but the others not.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
See the FCKeditor homepage for a list of compatible browsers.

bye, Dirk

donm1021

Forum User
Chatty
Make sure that you are using the professional theme that came with geeklog 1.4.0, and that you have the "advanced" templates in the proper directories (i.e. professional/admin/story/storyeditor_advanced.thtml - all of the advanced templates will have "advanced" in the file name).

If you have modifed the theme through your CSS - you will need to copy the new added styles from the NEW CSS in GL 1.4.0 over to your modified CSS (append).

Lastly, make sure that you have the
Text Formatted Code
<javascript>

tag for the FckEditor in the
Text Formatted Code
<HEAD>

of header.thtml

I hope this helps!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content