Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

HELP ME >

Mark200218

Anonymous
confused
i am new to geeklog and i am trying to make a website and i have no clue where to start i have install the stuff and now when i try to open any files says that i dont have the program to open this file need to download PHP.file, i have got to the point i want to throw my comp out the window, can anyone help me walk through the process to get my website started please Banging your head Banging your head Banging your head Banging your head Doh! - that was a mistake Can someone help me Can someone help me Can someone help me Can someone help me

beewee

Forum User
You can open php files with Notepad. First start Notepad, and open the php file with it.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

insomniac

Anonymous
tired
http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html#preinstall

that's a very good place to start.

also, when you say you are new, are you new to geeklog? or new to trying to install a CMS? or new to website building all together?

knowing what your experience level is will help people point you to the right type of helpful information. If you've never built even a plain html website any help we give you about php & mysql may end up frustrating you more than helping because we would assume you already had knowlege you do not.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There are also some Alternative installation instructions

bye, Dirk

Mark200218

Anonymous
i really dont have a clue what i am doing this is the first time i have ever tryed to make a website for anything so i need all the help that i can get Big Celebration

Mark200218

Anonymous
curious
better yeti have been playing with all this for days now and still dont have a clue is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me build the site or even build it for me i am looking to make a site that is kind of like this one http://www.das-blitzkrieg.org/ its for the same game that i paly thats how i found geeklog. Giving it a try

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Mark200218: is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me build the site or even build it for me i am looking to make a site that is kind of like this one http://www.das-blitzkrieg.org/

Apart from the custom theme, that looks like a pretty standard Geeklog install.

Of course, there's always Would you install Geeklog for me?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content