Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 17 2024 @ 11:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error 1064?

rosenjon

Forum User
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '::all' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sid FROM gl_stories WHERE draft_flag = 0 AND date 0 ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT ::all

I had Geeklog v1.3.11r1 runnning on my server previously. I mirrored that copy to test out upgrading to v1.4, and everything went smoothly on the mirror. However when I tried to upgrade my live version, I got errors when I tried to upgrade the database. (don't ask me why)

So I installed a fresh copy of GeekLog in place of my live version, then took the database from the mirrored copy and installed it on the fresh copy with phpmyadmin. Everything runs fine, except that my index.php returns the error I posted above. When I access public_html directly in the url Geeklog runs fine, but when i try to access the root directory by just typing in my url, I get the error I posted above.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by rosenjon: So I installed a fresh copy of GeekLog in place of my live version, then took the database from the mirrored copy and installed it on the fresh copy with phpmyadmin.

Does that mean you did not run the update for that database? If so, that's your problem ...

bye, Dirk

Jon

Anonymous
I did upgrade the database, but the upgrade only worked on the mirrored copy I ran. For some reason, I got errors when I ran the update on my live version. So I installed a fresh version in place of my old live version, and then copied the database from the mirrored site.

Does this make sense?

-Jon

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content