Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Creating a plugin: Creating a form

zokahn

Forum User
Junior
I’m wondering if the following is possible: (and if possible maybe some pointers?)

I would like to create a plugin that displays a form that is only available for authenticated geeklog users. On this form I want people to be able to write stuff in a database (the geeklogdb) and perform predefined actions based on a button. The page must be username or group based.

For instance:

Update personal info (in custom plugin tables)
Name, (3 separate) address fiels, phone….

Perform actions:
Display contents of a file, select a file (using a ls OS command) pulldown-listbox

See if a process is running on the OS and stop or start is using a predefined perl script using a button.

At first i was thinking about a page using perl, but as I’m still a novice programmer and don’t want to burn my hands on low security login scripts. Using geeklog’s fine authentication schema is the way to go I think. I have quickly read the GL Dev wiki page and I think it’s possible but I value your opinion.

Regards,

Zokahn

Blaine

Forum User
I don't see why not - there is really little that can not be done as an integrated applicaiton/plugin. The API's are there to hook into the user preferences, security and templates.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

zokahn

Forum User
Junior
awake
Talk about self help. I've read the link posted above more seriously. Haha it's exactly what i need Big Celebration
I can experiment with php, forms or whatever, all based on groups or seperate users or even both while being under the safe covers of geeklog authentication.

It's amazing this geeklog,... Chest-Slam Celebration

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content