Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Media Gallery v1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

mevans

Forum User
I am happy to announce the release of the first Release Candidate for Media Gallery v1.2.0. It is available for download from Media Gallery Support Site.There has been a lot of changes and enhancements to this release. This is a release candidate, so if your life depends on your site running perfectly, you may want to hold off on upgrading until we hit the final production release. But, if you have a site where you can give this release a test, I would appreciate the feedback.

READ THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE UPGRADING, THERE ARE VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS YOU MUST FOLLOW!

Media Gallery v1.2.0 has many new features and enhancements over the previous release of v0.98c. This release of Media Gallery is truly what I have envisioned for this plugin since the day I originally released version 0.80 a few months ago. Below is a quick list of some of the new features and enhancements:

• Album Configuration Options:

• Allow Comments

• Enable EXIF Display (below image, popup window, none)

• Enable Rating

• Display Views Counter

• Enable Client Side Sorting

• Audio / Video Playback Options (inline, popup window,
      download)

• Enable Slideshow

• Include in Random Image Block

• Enable Online Printing

• Display Full Image (Always, Members Only, Never)

• Thumbnail size (small, medium, large)

• Display Rows

• Display Columns

• User Preference System

• Display Rows (use system default or user specified)

• Display Columns (use system default or user specified)

• Default MP3 Player

• Audio / Video Playback Options (inline, popup)

• Thumbnail size (small, medium, large)

• Global Options

• Default MP3 Player (Windows Media Player or QuickTime)

• Audio / Video Playback Options (by type: MP3, MPG,
      ASF/WMV,SWF,MOV/MP4)

• Media Specific Options

• Reset Ratings

• Reset Views

• For MP3,WMV,MOV,SWF Files you can specify several
      playback options

• Batch Caption Editor

• Enhanced auto tag support for Geeklog integration. Album auto tag supports all images, video and audio types.

• New slideshow auto tag for embedding a small slidedown into stories and static pages.

• Added support for Digibug - An online photo printing service

• Client Side Sorting - User's can now choose to sort their album view by upload time, rating, views, and default (how you sorted them).

• View counting is now separate from Usage Tracking so you can now keep track of the number of views and items received without enabling usage tracking.

• Global Album Attribute Editor - You can now globally set any of the configuration options listed above under Album Configuration

• Global Album Permissions Editor

• Force Child Perms Update - If you change the permissions of a parent album, you can force the same permission settings for all children albums.

• New EXIF/IPTC System - Supports much more metadata than previous versions, does not require EXIF support to be compiled into PHP. It is configurable by the site admin as to which EXIF tags to display.

• Selectable thumbnail sizes (small 100x100, medium 150x150, large 200x200)

• Online Configuration of global options

• Import script for Inmemoriam Gallery

• Template cleanup - ran all templates through tidy a great HTML compliance checker. Fixed several typos and bad HTML code

• New media types supported: Targa (tga) and MP4.

• Improved documentation.

There are several other small enhancements and a few bug fixes as well. Overall, Media Gallery v1.2.0 is a full featured, configurable online media management system for Geeklog.

Please report any bugs here

Enjoy!
Mark

Royter

Anonymous
It happens to be a superb and wonderful creation . Many congratulations.

Some questions :

-Can ratings / comments be put on and off on per photo and per category basis ?

-Are the comment pages paginated ? Can I ( admin ) choose how many comments per page ?

-Any optional text notes can be added to photo ?

-What does the digibug button do ?

Do not finding any bugs on a random check of the demo Smile

Best regards

Royter

Anonymous
Hello,

Omit my last question - I found what digibug does ... though it would be nice if that service can be fully integrated ie appear to have ones own site logos etc

One small note : Can digibug click be made to open in a new window ?

Finally, Can one run media gallery as a stand alone gallery or is it integrable with other cmses ?

Thanks once again for the EXCELLENT PROGRAM Smile

mevans

Forum User
Royter,

Let me see if I can answer all these...

Ratings and comments can be turned on/off at the album level.

Comments use the Geeklog comment engine, so I honestly don't know if they paginate, I've never actually had that many comments on any of my sites. If Geeklog paginates them, then Media Gallery would too.

You can have a title and description associated with each media item.

Digibug is a online photo printing service. It could easily be modified to open in a new window.

Media Gallery is tightly integrated with Geeklog and will only work with Geeklog at the moment.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content