Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 03:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

register globall off

garfy

Forum User
When i try to install geeklog it say that register global is off and i do not know what to do

it should be on as geeklog said

i talked to my server crew and they said this

Actually, I took a look at your account and it appears that you have deleted the php.ini file. I have restored it for you and register_global is On. Just copy the php.ini file and place it in the correct directory and you should be running.

i found the file and it is in public html

so where to copy it now, i am lost

Banging your head Banging your head

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You'll have to ask your hosting service for advise here. If they allow you to have your own php.ini file, then only they will know where to place it.

bye, Dirk

trip

Forum User
Junior
It was a pain for me, but this worked. My server admin gave me a php.ini file, and I just copied it to all my pubilc html directories that started acting funny with out it. Including all plugin folders and admin plugin folders. It was tedious, but it worked.

garfy

Forum User
Quote by trip: It was a pain for me, but this worked. My server admin gave me a php.ini file, and I just copied it to all my pubilc html directories that started acting funny with out it. Including all plugin folders and admin plugin folders. It was tedious, but it worked.

dididn't work out

they told me i should copy the files to correct location - how would i know where is that

i think this server is not for me, even they are cheap and have a lot of stuff on cpšanel

i think i will sign off i need to use geeklog

garfy

Forum User
Quote by garfy:
Quote by trip: It was a pain for me, but this worked. My server admin gave me a php.ini file, and I just copied it to all my pubilc html directories that started acting funny with out it. Including all plugin folders and admin plugin folders. It was tedious, but it worked.

dididn't work out

they told me i should copy the files to correct location - how would i know where is that

i think this server is not for me, even they are cheap and have a lot of stuff on cpšanel

i think i will sign off i need to use geeklog

it worked thank you

the only thing is to mport the database sqlbut i can not do that

i choose the zipped file of my gl database nd press goand it gives me errorin syntax of sql or something like that

that backup worked on my olderserver but here it is not wrking
o

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content