Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 10:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

format display of rss feeds

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
what file controls the display of feeds? i.e.: line spacing specifically? i want there to be a half space or one full space between each headline.

thanks,
j

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For list items in the blocks, Geeklog uses the list.thtml and listitem.thtml template files with a class name indication what the list contains. For the portal blocks, that class name is "list-feed" (check your site's HTML source in the browser).

So you should be able to use CSS to format portal blocks.

I just noticed that in 1.4.0rc1, the class name is missing for portal blocks. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

bye, Dirk

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
thanks for the help. in view source i saw it refer to block-info which i found in the style.css and there i was able to adjust font size, etc. successfully. it also refers to ul class list-item

exactly what would a line spacing call look like? in block-info in the css i have only these items listed currently

.block-info {
background:transparent;
color:#000000;
font:85% arial,Tahoma,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif
padding-bottom:2px;
padding-top:10px;
margin-top:5

so i need to modify this ul list-item and if so where will i find it?

thanks,
j

geiss

Forum User
curious
Along these lines, does anyone know how to autowrap the text in a Portal block? I have mucked around in the files mentioned above, with no success. Is there a CSS tag I am unaware of that I can insert into the .blockinfo section of style.css that will autowrap the text after n number of pixels or characters?

I have several RSS feeds that just display as one loooooooong hyperlink on a single line, throwing off the layout of the rest of the page with alot of wasted space.

Any Can someone help me greatly appreciated.
Synergy - Stability - Style --- Visit us at glfusion.org

BC

Forum User
Is it possible to have the RSS feed of the Geeklog blog include the full post including links and images and formatting?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by BC: Is it possible to have the RSS feed of the Geeklog blog include the full post including links and images and formatting?

Yes: Use Geeklog 1.4.0 and select RSS 2.0 or Atom for your feed.

bye, Dirk

BC

Anonymous
yup, time to upgrade!

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content