Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Suggestion - Media Gallery Manage Media

Mina

Forum User
Junior
Perhaps you have already thought about this...
If I want to change a description of picture that I uploaded, I have to delete the picture and upload again (Add new media). There's a option to manage media, however, there's no way to change the description. I think it would be nice if there's a way for me to edit the description without deleting and re-adding the picture. What do you think?

mevans

Forum User
coming in v1.0, already coded, but still testing....

mevans

Forum User
Mina,

I was on the phone when I typed the last reply and forgot to mention one thing. You can edit the description in v0.97, from Manage Media, click on the media thumbnail and you can edit all attributes (title, description, etc) of that item.

What I have included in the development codebase is the ability to do a batch caption/description edit. Also, the ability to edit a media item directly (don't have to go through the Manage Media screen to get to it).

Thanks!
Mark

Mina

Forum User
Junior
I see! I didn't know if the image was clickable. I was able to change the description. Thanks Mark again for your help!

xucaen

Forum User
Junior
excited
Hi, I just installed Medai Gallery v0.98. When I go to Manage Media, I expected to see options for changing the behaviour of the album, such as Album Attributes, Album Cover and Featured Album (same as when you create a new album). But instead all I see is warning about deleting images and the save, cancel, and delete buttons.

I took a screen shot of what I'm taling about, but since I don't think I can attach it to this forum message, I added it to an album on my web site here. Mr. Green

The "Sci Fi" album is an empty album that contains a subalbum. I want to change "Sci Fi" to be a featured album.

Is this a feature not yet implemented or did I mess up the install?

Thanks!!

Jim

mevans

Forum User
Everything in the drop down menus is implemented.

What manage media does is give you a list of all your media items in that album. Since that album is empty, you obviously don't see any media to manage. I should probably put a message there that the album is empty.

What you want to do is Edit Album, that will give you the ability to modify all the items you listed in your post.

Let me know if that works for you a little better.

Thanks!
Mark

xucaen

Forum User
Junior
embarrassed
Oh boy, it was right under my nose and I missed it. Yes, Edit Album is what I was looking for.
Embarassed

Thanks!!

..and now.. a dancing banana. Big Celebration

Jim

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content