Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

filemgmt plugin config error

timbro

Anonymous
I am trying to set the directories on the filemgmt plugin and i am getting these errors

Text Formatted Code
Warning: fopen(/home/*/public_html/*/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/*/public_html/*/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1195

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/*/public_html/*/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1221

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/*/public_html/*/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/*/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php:1195) in /home/*/public_html/*/lib-common.php(973) : eval()'d code

i used * to hide the directory name

this is where my filemgmt_data folder is located

/home/*/public_html/*/filemgmt_data/

all permissions are set.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by timbro: all permissions are set.

Well, obviously not, since the very first line you quoted tells you that it can't access filemgmt.php. IIRC, the plugin needs write access for that file to store the configuration. Refer to the plugin's installation instructions for details.

bye, Dirk

timbro

Forum User
my bad i was not propogating from the folder!

timbro

Forum User
Here is another question. It seems to be limiting file upload size somewhere under 2 MB. I have tried various files and naming them different etc. But the limit is

timbro

Forum User
Here is another question. It seems to be limiting file upload size somewhere under 2 MB. I have tried various files and naming them different etc. But the limit is (less than symbol)2 MB. I tried looking through the .php files but i can't seem to find anything. Is there some way i can add files by uploading them via ftp?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by timbro: It seems to be limiting file upload size somewhere under 2 MB.

Sounds like the default size limit as imposed by PHP. I'm sure that's addressed in the plugin's documentation ...

bye, Dirk

timbro

Forum User
I am not able to find this in the documentation. Could you elaborate more on this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I don't have the plugin's documentation at hand, but this is such a frequently asked question that I assumed it must be in there.

See this thread on Blaine's site, for example.

bye, Dirk

timbro

Forum User
Ty for the help so far. As it turns out i can't access the php.ini because im on a shared server or something like that. My webhost sent me this response.

We don't change the global php.ini configuration which you all share, however, you can change certain settings yourself, by placing the values into the .htaccess file in the directory in question.

So I know what .htaccess file is but other than that I'm lost. And if i put this command in the top level folder of my site would it pass down to the others? If not, what folder would i put it on? And what command would i put? praying it will work

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content