Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 10:57 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade questions

sierra

Forum User
I am getting ready to upgrade my site from 1.3.11sr1 to 1.3.11sr3. Has the problem regarding static pages been solved with 1.3.11sr2?

My site has been working great so I decided to leave it alone, but now I would like to get it upgraded to the current release. Is it easier to to a full install, or to upgrade to sr2 then sr3? I have been so busy lately and do not have much time for troubleshooting problems.

Thanks
Steve

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by sierra: Has the problem regarding static pages been solved with 1.3.11sr2?

You could try reading the announcement ...

bye, Dirk

1000ideen

Forum User
Upgrading is pretty easy you do NOT have to run an install script or so just copy over the files.

By the way:
note that config.php has only been included for your reference
the config was NOT included in the sr3 pack but is also not necessary.

One question is left:
What surprised me was
When upgrading from an earlier 1.3.11 release, please apply _all_ the previous upgrades first, in the following order:

1.3.11sr1 -> Spam-X plugin 1.0.2 -> 1.3.11sr2 -> 1.3.11sr3

I never paid much attention to Spam-X plugin 1.0.2 and definitely didn`t install it by hand. If I look at the plugins it says: spamx 1.0.1 / 1.0.2. It should be o.k. then?

sierra

Forum User
Dirk,

I did read the announcement, but I must have missed that part. Thanks

1000ideen,

Thanks, for the information. My site has been working just fine and I didn't really want to mess with it. I do want to make sure that any security related bugs are taken care of.

Thanks to everyone here, I found a lot of information on this forum that helped me through all my problems when I originally setup my site.

Steve

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content