Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

HELP, site is going nuts.

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
http://www.removingspywareforfree.com

Every link i click in IE brings me back to the main page... In firefox it's just a blank page... I tried to do some searching for this problem and couldn't find anything... please help

UPDATE....
OK I noticed something strange... if I go to this link http://www.removingspywareforfree.com/article.php?story=Firewall_Tab_Within_Zone_Alarm
It works just fine... however if I go to this link http://www.removingspywareforfree.com/article.php/Firewall_Tab_Within_Zone_Alarm
I get a blank page...

Please help

I currently changed my entire navigation back to "?story=" just so users can navigate around the site... I generally use the "/" for search engines... so you physically need to copy the code out of this post to understand exactly what I mean....

ted

Anonymous
try turning off url rewrite in your config

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by ted: try turning off url rewrite in your config

tried that, thanks though... it is WAY beyond it... i have problems updating it, and the pages never go through when I click to save and/or update...

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I am in Firefox but everything works perfectly.

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by ScurvyDawg: I am in Firefox but everything works perfectly.

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

WELL, IF YOU NOTICE CAREFULLY.... the URL's are no longer search engine friendly, i went back and changed them all before users came to the site and seen a site that was completely worthless... also if you had the admin login and noticed the problems it has when you try to edit it... then maybe you can make smart ass comments... I have donated $$ to Geeklog in the past and have learned as much as my little mind can manage, but I'm not a f-ing moron so please don't treat me like one...

vadertech

Forum User
well alrighty then. Better hope that Dawg doesn't bite.

I noticed the other day that the only links that were redirecting to the homepage were using article.php. Did you try updating that file and see what happens?

P.S. I also had no problems in Firefox
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by vadertech:
I noticed the other day that the only links that were redirecting to the homepage were using article.php. Did you try updating that file and see what happens?

P.S. I also had no problems in Firefox

Apologize for the outlash, he hit a nerve.... I went through each url and renamed them so that the site would work for visitors, but now searh engines are going to be a problem because I changed all of my links...I don't know what you mean by updating the article.php file? I also can not use any of the admin functions to edit because everytime I save it brings me to a blank page, and that's a MUCH bigger problem than me having "un-friendly" url's

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by inquest750: I also can not use any of the admin functions to edit because everytime I save it brings me to a blank page, and that's a MUCH bigger problem than me having "un-friendly" url's

Then you should try to find out what's causing this ...

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by inquest750: I also can not use any of the admin functions to edit because everytime I save it brings me to a blank page, and that's a MUCH bigger problem than me having "un-friendly" url's

Then you should try to find out what's causing this ...

bye, Dirk

tried that, didn't pop up with any errors...

got it, site is back up with friendly url and working fine... thanks everyone for your patience and help....

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by inquest750: got it, site is back up with friendly url and working fine...

So - what was it?

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by inquest750: got it, site is back up with friendly url and working fine...

So - what was it?

bye, Dirk

replaced and went through all the changes in config.php ....

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Quote by inquest750:

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

WELL, IF YOU NOTICE CAREFULLY.... the URL's are no longer search engine friendly, i went back and changed them all before users came to the site and seen a site that was completely worthless... also if you had the admin login and noticed the problems it has when you try to edit it... then maybe you can make smart ass comments... I have donated $$ to Geeklog in the past and have learned as much as my little mind can manage, but I'm not a f-ing moron so please don't treat me like one...

Well excuse the F*%# outta me for just giving you the little bit of assistance I could offer.

I had no insight into your issue and thought you should know it seemed to work fine from my perspective.

I do not care if you have given to the cause, I have too, so what. Good for you how about a hero cookie.

How about F*%# you.

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by ScurvyDawg:
Quote by inquest750:

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

Well excuse the F*%# outta me for just giving you the little bit of assistance I could offer.

I had no insight into your issue and thought you should know it seemed to work fine from my perspective.

I do not care if you have given to the cause, I have too, so what. Good for you how about a hero cookie.

How about F*%# you.

I had already apologized for being an ass...

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content