Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

comment.php

Sus

Anonymous
I just instaled latest geeklog beta and i was having problem posting comments. I wanted to do the following but i can't find any of these in comment.php file. Where do i have to for it?

2. Remove all the "LOCK TABLE" "UNLOCK TABLE" SQL calls from comment.php. This should be okay if you have a low traffice site, but opens up the possiblity of corruption if two or more users try to save or delete comments at the same time.

machinari

Forum User
try lib-comment.php at your own risk

sus

Anonymous
thanks
If i upgrade to innodatabase table, which file would i find table lock and unlock statements in? Is it still lib-comment.php?

sus

Anonymous
by the way, i can't find lib-comment.php. Is it lib-common.php?
Could you tell me the location of lib-comment.php ?

machinari

Forum User
geeklog/system/lib-comment.php on gl 1.4

sus

Anonymous
thank you for quick response

VehicleWorlds ONLINE

Anonymous
confused
I think I may be having the same problem.

Basically, I am having no problems with my Geeklog site so far (Its not the beta version, its Version 1.3.11sr2) except that no one, including myself even signed in, can post comments on articles.

I read the Error log it creates and it doesn't tell me what to do about it (something to do with the SQL)

Text Formatted Code

Sun Dec 11 14:38:19 2005 - 1044: Access denied for user: 'news_o@[internet-address].%' to database 'news_o'. SQL in question: LOCK TABLES gl_comments WRITE
Sun Dec 11 14:39:33 2005 - 1044: Access denied for user: 'news_o@[internet-address].%' to database 'news_o'. SQL in question: LOCK TABLES gl_comments WRITE
Mon Dec 12 14:54:37 2005 - 1044: Access denied for user: 'news_o@[internet-address].%' to database 'news_o'. SQL in question: LOCK TABLES gl_comments WRITE
Tue Dec 13 12:32:52 2005 - 1044: Access denied for user: 'news_o@[internet-address].%' to database 'news_o'. SQL in question: LOCK TABLES gl_comments WRITE

I don't know SQL to much other than adding tables and deleting them (and maybe some other stuff).

I hope this doesn't mean I have to re-install.... Sad
My other Geeklog site works (but I did not update it to 1.3.11sr2)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

VehicleWorlds ONLINE

Anonymous
confused
What I don't get is why it works for one Geekog site and not the other and they are both on the same host GoDaddy.

Sad

VehicleWorlds ONLINE

Anonymous
LOL

Plus, i won't know WHERE to begin to actually do what it says in that link you provided.

It will be a few months before I go back to school to learn this stuff (I don't do to well with self learning, I usually need a boost from classroom teaching).

I guess I'll play around with it, but in the end, once I get users on my site that is, I'll just ask them to make a forum thread for each story posted...

I am wodinging is a re-install will make this problem go away, but I just rather not do that lol Plus, I want to install Geeklog on another site using the same database (so users can be on both sites without having to need a new account... sort of a universal account... HOW COOL IS THAT!!! I LOVE GEEKLOG!!!)

God, I can't wait until I go back to school and learn this stuff so I don't have to look stupid on message forums or have to hire out contract work just to do something technically simple...

I'll find out soon if my host is the problem, but I won't be changing hosts any time soon.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content