Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Amazon Plugin v1.3.1

asmaloney

Forum User
In this version:

v1.3.1 [29 Nov 2005]
* [fix] fix installation problem on some systems
* [fix] should now work with register_globals off [in preparation for Geeklog 1.4]
* [new] for browsers which support saving form information, the search box will now show the history from the amazon site

You can find out more about the plugin or download it through my geeklog software page. Here's an example search [disclaimer - those are my brother's books!].

If you use this plugin, please post your site's URL here. If I'm going to buy stuff from Amazon, someone might as well make some money off it. Since we can't buy using our own associate IDs, we might as well support each other!

Even if you don't use the plugin on your site, you might consider supporting one of the sites listed in this thread by making any Amazon purchases through them.

- Andy Maloney

dbsmall

Forum User
Junior
confused
This (as well as GUS) is a great plug-in.
I use it at http://www.small.to

(And I wasn't aware we couldn't buy using our own site...is it in the T&C or something...'cause I've certainly done it before.)

machinari

Forum User
Quote by asmaloney:
Even if you don't use the plugin on your site, you might consider supporting one of the sites listed in this thread by making any Amazon purchases through them.
Excellent idea! I will do that.

asmaloney

Forum User
Quote by dbsmall: (And I wasn't aware we couldn't buy using our own site...is it in the T&C or something...'cause I've certainly done it before.)

Amazon's policy is that you cannot make purchases for yourself, or have other people make purchases for you, using your own associate ID. I've paraphrased it, but if you look around the associates FAQ, you'll find it explained in detail.

- Andy Maloney

dbsmall

Forum User
Junior
Well, that's silly. Here's a thought..one out of every 4 or 5 links on my website goes to Mr. Maloney's Associates ID. (I think, by the way, that this is a really cool way to fund his software.)

Feel free to refresh on pages on my website until you see his ID in the link (rather than mine), if you want to reward him.

asmaloney

Forum User
David,

I guess if you're the only other one using it that might explain why I've only made $0.28 through other sites using this plugin Laughing

- Andy Maloney

Chrispcritters

Forum User
Chatty
For whatever it's worth, I've just installed the Amazon plugin on my site, whatismyipaddress.com. It gets quite a bit of traffic, so we'll see how it goes. I don't have any non-us amazon affiliate accounts setup so I've left those blank. (I get a decent amount of traffic from around the world)

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content