Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inmemoriam - full image in the center

Robin

Forum User
Just wondering how difficult this is to implement so after clicking on View full image you get this new page with the image in the center. Rolling Eyes

Thanks in advance Its a deal - shaking hands
Geeklog Polish Support Team

machinari

Forum User
...a new thread! how refreshing Wink

not very difficult at all. just means linking to a formatted page to house the image rather than just to the image itself. I never bothered before because I figured if your image was big enough to need a "full view" link, then it was probably to big to bother with centering or anything like that.

drshakagee

Forum User
How hard would it be to make the link on the resized picture link to the fullsize image in a new window, instead of sending you back to the gallery page?

Also comments on images, will be great Wink
Yes I am mental.

machinari

Forum User
comments are working, just need to be running 1.3.12 and my cvs version, which you can dl. re links to full view instead of album view: that's easy too... a small editing job in the function inm_showImage() located in browse.php.

I don't think I'll put this on my list though. It would make the image link inconsitant due to the configurability of the full view.

Robin

Forum User
Quote by machinari: ...a new thread! how refreshing Wink

It is, isn't it Very Happy
I know it's not a difficult task and I've already started working on it however I got stuck.
Anyway I believe that something like this should be implemented in Inmemoriam. It's a gallery afterall Wink and the way of displaying things is important.
Let me give you an example:
This photo is hosted in Inmemoriam
The very same photo hosted in plfoto.com

Now click on each of them and tell me which full view you prefer better.
I've already modified, in media-full.thtml, the call to full view image in Inmemoriam and changed it so it displays full image after clicking on the image, which I reckon is more natural way of navigating, and it's not open in browser window. Now I need to add some formatting so it is in the center, and maybe the background color is changed. However I got stuck here Crying or Very sad

machinari

Forum User
centering the full view image is on my list.
It requires a wrapper file in which the img tag can be placed. that file will contain the style. The link will lead to fullview.php, which encorporates a template file for easy formating and the img tag with src leading to image.php?mid=etc.,etc.

as far as what is more natural... well, I think that is a bit relative.
My thinking: click a thumbnail to get to a larger image then click the larger image to get back to a thumbnail--just back and forth. The full view, if it is even allowed, should be considered peripheral (especially if it is no bigger than the scaled image as in your example). In fact that is why I relegated it to a text link. This ensures consistency in the linkage. However, if full view was never to be restricted, then yes, your suggestion to house the full view link in the scaled image would be fine--and then even consistent.

Robin

Forum User
Thanks for your prompt reply Smile
Quote by machinari: centering the full view image is on my list.

Any chance this would be in the next release praying it will work
Quote by machinari:The full view, if it is even allowed, should be considered peripheral (especially if it is no bigger than the scaled image as in your example).

I would argue about this "peripheral" treatment Wink
My point is that photos should be nicely presented after clicking full view, wherever the link is and no matter the size is.
A photo gallery is also about esthetics Wink
Sorry for being such a nag Cool

machinari

Forum User
Robin, I think we are talking about two different things.
anyway, the full view will have an easy to format page in the next release--and the image will be centered.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by drshakagee: How hard would it be to make the link on the resized picture link to the fullsize image in a new window, instead of sending you back to the gallery page?
k, I've been convinced so this is done.

MaXi_XCeL

Forum User
Junior
Hi Guys, I've added the inmemoriam plugin to my geeklog! It's great. But i've got one thing that isn't working.

when i click an thumbnail in my gallery it tries to open
Text Formatted Code
inmemoriam/browse.php?mid=??

but that results in a blank page.

opening it with
Text Formatted Code
inmemoriam/browse.php?full=1&mid=??

Opens the full image correctly. What am I missing here?

MaXi_XCeL

Forum User
Junior
Somehow i fixed it... changing settings back and forth i guess.. but im not sure Banging your head
Wink

MaXi_XCeL

Forum User
Junior
Found it! When enabling comments the page turns up blank. There is something about it in this tread i think...

machinari

Forum User
comments shouldn't be enabled unless you are running Geeklog 1.4.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content