Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GeekLog for my daughter & freinds

robmorin

Forum User
Hello all, my daughter just registered her first domain name, she is 11 years old. She wants to have a website for herself and her freinds, she wants to use it primarliy for chatting rather than MSN as i have warned her about these popular chaztting as well as her freinds... She has seen my site http://www.stupidguytalk.org and she wants to use the same thing. The site would be only permit regesterred users on the site, and users would be verified by my daughter or parents...
So the actuall question is is geeklog suitable for a childrens portal?
Are there any themes kid/children orientated?

Thanks..

Rob..

jetshack

Forum User
The short answer is Maybe.

I think it's definatlly what you're looking for in regards to permissions and the dissemenation of content based on those permissions.

That said, while personally I think the learning curve for GL is much better than many other CMS's it isn't the easiest one to pick up and run with either and can be a bit overwhelming to someone just picking it up. This is in large part due to how customizable and powerful it is.

However, the community here offers lots of great support when you or your daughter get stumped.

As to are there any current kid orriented themes, check the themes on the demo.geeklog.net and see if any are close to what you want. If one's close it should be easy for you to customize.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content