Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to prevent GL from stripping HTML?

Theophile

Anonymous
I already did the thing where I allowed the strong tag in the config.php but I still have e general problem with Geeklog stripping a lot of HTML I paste into stories. I want GL to simply take what I give it and not check, edit, or modify in any way what I paste into it.

After screwing around trying to get it to play nice, I finally just went into the SQL database and hand edited the table and pasted in all the HTML and that worked like a charm. So how about getting it to do this by deafult? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You don't want that. Believe me.

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, apologies for the snappish response Embarassed It's just that we've been through this argument so many times before (see here, for example).

I guess in a controlled environment (e.g. an intranet) or in case you're the only one posting stories, then it would be okay to not filter the HTML at all. But for visitors leaving comments or submitting stories or for when you have co-admins, it's in your own interest to filter HTML. The web of today is not a very friendly place any more.

bye, Dirk

Theophile

Anonymous
Well concerning the other poster's points, is it possible to allow story admin's to do this? I am the only one who posts at my site. Thanks!

Robin

Forum User
Quote by Theophile: Well concerning the other poster's points, is it possible to allow story admin's to do this?

Go to config.php and add desired tags to this
$_CONF['admin_html']
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content