Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Loggin trouble in IE-no help in 2days

jordydme

Forum User
Hi,

This is my second post on this topic. My last post was a couple of days ago and noone responded.

I have been hoping for someone to give me a little help here and it has been days of struggling with this.

I can't seem to login in and change my preferences in GL using IE 6. I read this in the FAQ:

"You should actually see warning messages flashing up briefly when you have a "whitespace problem".

Well that sounds liike me but I have tried to delete white space in the config file and the lib-common. I Deleted a space or two at the beginning and the end of these files but it did not help. What about spaces in the middle? Can there be any spaces with in the file?

If someone could please give me some supprot I would appreciate it. I am about to drop GL casue of lack of any support. I posted days ago and nothing.

here is the link:

here

vadertech

Forum User
I can login fine thru Firefox and IE. Only whitespace u need to worry about is at very end of file after the php close ?> If this were the case, it would briefly flash an error message when trying to login. I suggest clearing all your cache and maybe changing your session and cookie values in config.php
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

xxxxxxx

Anonymous
Thanks, I have cleared everything out in IE and checked "except third party cookies" in privacy settings but still have problem in IE.

Can you please tell me exactly what to change in the session cookies? I am a complete beginner.

Thanks for even responding..it's been days of silence.

Regards,

Jordy

vadertech

Forum User
Also look here
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Jordy

Anonymous
Thanks for that but it was the first place I looked. RIght now I deleted everything and am going to to trya fresh install for the 4th time. I am feeling quite discouraged.

Thanks for trying to help,

Jordy

jordydme

Forum User
6 days and I have installed aagl over 5 times and I still can only change my user settings in Firfox. IE6 and netscape 7.1 both will not let me access my settings for admin.

I have delted white space in config.php and lib-common. I am about to give up aon this program that I wanted so very badly. Any help would be awsome.

Jordy

vadertech

Forum User
Since I could log in fine, I would say the problem isn't with Geeklog. Are you running the lastest version of IE? Check your IE security settings. Do you have all critical windows updates? Virus scan?

Maybe you tried most of these but it never hurts to ask.

jordydme

Forum User
I have my Zone alarm fire wall currently disaled. I tried taking my wireless router out of the circuit as well. I ahve NOrton antvirus and am on windows automatic updates, so critical updates are dl automatically. I have deleted cookies and have cokkies enabled asweel as third party cookies.

Hey were you able to loggina and access your accoutn info on my site?

machinari

Forum User
Quote by jordydme:Hey were you able to loggina and access your accoutn info on my site?
I tried it and was able to access and edit my info via Firefox and IE without any problems.

Have you tried accessing stuff via a regular user, ie, not an admin? maybe this is an admin problem... you never know.
Have you tried IE on a different computer? This would at least clear up whether it was GL or not.

jordydme

Forum User
Thanks for trying to help.

Okay, so I switched the admin password to default..perhaps you could try to amd accesss the account info page for that user via your browser.

I also created a user:
mike- username
mike- password

i could access the account ifo in firdfox but not IE. Perhaps you could check in your browser.

i also just checked that my micorsoft updates are current.

I do get the access denied page that blinks fast when I try to accesss some of the setting in the admin block. The FAQ say this is a white space issue. I have deleted the whote sapce and have alo deleted it in many of the files. Where do yo stop. The faq's jsut say Config.php and lib-common. ARGGGG!

vadertech

Forum User
Logged in fine in IE with Admin and Mike. I sent a story submission as Mike. No problems.

machinari

Forum User
yup, logged in as admin, and everything works like a charm.

jordydme

Forum User
what do you think then? I have a problem with my browser on my machine? What can I do?..I have been messing with the settings in IE options like mad but nothing seems to work.

vadertech

Forum User
are u still seeing warning messages briefly pop up?

jordydme

Forum User
yes, I still see the brief flash of a "denied access" warnign sign briefly flash as descibed in the FAQ's

Jordyd

Anonymous
Problem Solved!

ZONE ALARM firewall is causing the conflict. I am a bit perplexed about this because I disabled it many times while troubleshooting. I rebooted and then disabled ZA tis morning and all worked fine for login.

Now for some reason I am able to disable ZA and login works, when I reenstate ZA loggin doens't work.

For some reason when I was doing this over the last couple of days (disableing & reenabling) I couldn't login with ZA disabled. I am not understanding that part.

The other thing is I would like to know how to get ZA to work with GL. I have similar Login issues with another sitre that runs gallery. I went into the setting and looks like all cookies are enabled. Not really sure why it conflicts with GL and Gallery.

That was such a pain!...thanks to all those that offered there assistance.

Jordy

vadertech

Forum User
If it's something that ZA is blocking, enable ZA then try to access your GL site through IE. What you want is for ZA to ask you to allow the connection. Click "Accept" and it should work.

Jordy

Anonymous
Sounds good but I see no pop up windo for ZA asking me if I want to accept. I will have to play with it.

Thanks,
Jordy

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content