Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:37 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need help adding plugin to the database

idonthack

Forum User
I wanted to try to get the Privmessages plugin to appear in User Functions or What's New blocks. After grepping around the php scripts for a while, I found out that the Privmessages plugin is not actually in the plugins list of the database and it needs to be there before its plugin_*_privmessages functions will execute. I've googled for MySQL tutorials but I'm still pretty clueless on how to modify the database. Anybody care to give instructions for adding the plugin to the database's list, or a link to a site where I can learn how? Or even a code example from another plugin?

vadertech

Forum User
Then you should use glmessenger from portalparts.com
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by idonthack: After grepping around the php scripts for a while, I found out that the Privmessages plugin is not actually in the plugins list of the database and it needs to be there before its plugin_*_privmessages functions will execute.

Doesn't this thing come with installation instructions or an install script? If not, I'd suggest you contact the author. You shouldn't have to mess with the database.

bye, Dirk

idonthack

Forum User
Quote by vadertech:Then you should use glmessenger from portalparts.com

That costs money. Privmessages doesn't, and it gets the job done. Not being fancy is something I can live with.

Quote by DirkBig Grinoesn't this thing come with installation instructions or an install script? If not, I'd suggest you contact the author. You shouldn't have to mess with the database.

It does. It just doesn't add itself to the plugins list in the database. (It was the guy's first plugin, he said on the release notes.) I would like to know how to change the database myself, because I've got the time and I like learning things like this. And I will talk to the author so he can incorporate it into his next release.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Although slightly outdated, the Plugin Developers Guide is probably still the best place to start when you want to develop a plugin.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:37 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content