Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 09:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

File Management error

ahijado

Forum User
Junior
Error Code: 1017

ERROR: The file was not uploaded. Check permissions or duplicate file.

This is an error I received while attempting to Add a File from the Filemgmt Admin page. I'm running on WinXP and the permissions are fine. There is no duplicate file in the data folder. My config settings in the File Management config page are set correctly. Is there anything that I'm missing?

ahijado

Blaine

Forum User
I don't think so but do suspect it is still a perms issue. Check the error.log file to see if there is additional details.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ahijado

Forum User
Junior
I checked that in the /geeklog/logs directory and didn't find anything suspicious. I can upload other files. So it may be a permissions problem with the file I'm trying to upload. Does file size have anything to do with the upload process? I tried looking around the the config.php in geeklog and in the filemgmt folders, but couldn't find anything relating to file size. I guess it just could be that there is something wrong with the file that I don't understand.

Blaine

Forum User
There are not size limitations with the plugin but there are php / webserver settings that can restrict the size. The default being 2Meg.

Are you sure you don't have a file of the same name already in the repository.

ahijado

Forum User
Junior
I'm sure there isn't a duplicate. As it turns out. It was the php config file upload setting that was causing the error. It was set at 2Meg and I was trying to upload a 5Meg file. Thanks for mentioning that tidbit of info. It probably would have taken me a couple days or more to think of it. Maybe this type of info should go into the Filemgmt install doc?

Thanks again,

ahijado

Blaine

Forum User
Glad to hear it's working. The PHP Setting has been described in posts here and my site probally 50 or more times Smile and in a FAQ on my site here

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content