Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Books Plugin Released

amckay

Forum User
Hey folks,

I've finally had time to clean up some bits and pieces of the "Books" plugin I announced a few months ago, and have decided to release it for free instead of "premium" status. To see it in action visit my website :

http://www.bodensatz.com/books/

It manages Amazon and other affiliate IDs so people who click-through and purchase, are contributing to your site. Each user can write a review for any of the books and rate it from 1 to 5.

Sorry, but I don't come by the Geeklog site much these days, so for support you'll have to go to my stomping grounds :

https://secure.quay.net/community/viewforum.php?f=6

Right now there is a thread for the beta 3 release. Look for the one that starts with "GEEKLOG :". Please stick in the beta 3 thread unless there is a very compelling reason to start a new one.

There is some info on how to configure it in the other threads on that site with "GEEKLOG" in the subject. Just use the site search tool and you'll find it easily.

Download info will be provided over there.

cheers,
-Alan

amckay

Forum User
Actually, I just saw the announcement here about the new file management plugin, so I think I may download that, install it, and make the download available from my site via it. Keep your eyes on the support site listed above for it to be announced. Hope to get to it tonight but it may not be til Friday.

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Alan,

Thanks for making the plugin free. I downloaded the files from your server and tried to install.

At installation, there is a SQL error. This may be related to the fact that my host is running a much older version of MySQL(Ver 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49). Please let me know how to workaround this. Also is it safe to switch all occurences of MyISAM to innodb in public_html/admin/plugins/books/*.sql if required?

Thanks,

Ajay

(edit) PS: Is there someway you can make the support thread linked above postable without login?

Text Formatted Code

Sat Oct  1 21:00:27 2005 - Attempting to install the books Plugin
Sat Oct  1 21:00:27 2005 - Attempting to create books tables
Sat Oct  1 21:00:27 2005 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ';
' at line 15. SQL in question:  CREATE TABLE gl_books (   `book_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `book_addedby` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `book_addeddate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `book_isbn` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `book_title` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `book_author` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `book_publisher` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
  `book_pages` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `book_year` varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
  `book_summary` text,
  `book_desc` text NOT NULL,
  `book_coverurl` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`book_id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `book_isbn` (`book_isbn`)
) TYPE=MyISAM ;

amckay

Forum User
Switching to innodb shouldn't hurt anything, but I'm betting thep problem is your older version of MySQL. Sorry, cannot change the above link to allow anonymous posting (they don't allow it here). Please don't count on my being back here for support. I likely will be back in the short term, but I often go months without checking this site, and I'm on the one listed above several times every day.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content