Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHPBB Bridge Theme

Lorax3

Anonymous
working
When I installed a new PHPBB Theme, the left hand site block had dissarared in the forums. This has something to do with the PHPBB Bridge to Geeklog. When I use a theme such as Subsilver the block is there, but I try to use "aallixsiver" it dissapears. Is there something wrong with the theme, or does the Bridge need to be redirected.

Thanks in Advance
-Lorax

d0nk3y

Anonymous
readme.html, 6. phpBB Themes:

I have included a fully functional version of subSilver with this component. It has been modified to be wrapped inside of the Geeklog interface and to look more like the Professional theme that now ships with Geeklog. Feel free to use it for your site. If you'd rather write your own theme or use an alternate one, take into account the following:
In overall_header.tpl, refer to {GEEKLOG_HEADER} to print out the Geeklog header with or without the left blocks.
In overall_footer.tpl, refer to {GEEKLOG_FOOTER} to print out the Geeklog footer with or without the right blocks.
In overall_header.tpl, the {META} variable does not work as it would have needed to be included in the Geeklog header to work. As a work-around, reference {JS_REFRESH_CODE} after {GEEKLOG_HEADER}.
The phpBBBridge plugin functions by keeping the phpBB users table in-sync with the Geeklog users table. This syncing is only done one-way, so while changes you make from within Geeklog will migrate over, the changes you make from within phpBB will not. Because of this, we want to prevent users from changing these variables from the phpBB interface. The variables you want to prevent your users from modifying are:
username
password
e-mail address
homepage
showonline (whether or not the user appears in the Online Users block)
Be careful, for if you flat-out remove these from the template files, they will be set to nothing every time the user updates their phpBB profile. Instead, you have to do some hidden input tag trickery. I would recommend checking out the included subSilver theme files to see how I have accomplished this. In particular, look at:
profile_add_body.tpl
admin/user_edit_body.tpl

Lorax3

Anonymous
working
Hey thanks a lot for the info. Im sure it will help. You had mentioned a you included a fully funtional component, however I don't see a link. Am I to find this component on the Geeklog site?

I like the idea of keeping with the "Professional theme for Geeklog, so your component would come in handy. With your theme, I assume this means that the "Recent Posts" on the homepage of Geeklog would be of the professional Geeklog theme? If so, that would be great!

I am still a little confused why, when we change the Style in PHPbb to a newly installed one, why does the Geeklog left Nav bar in the Forum Index disappear?
Example: We have 2 additional "Styles" installed in our phpbb forum. They are called imac and aallixSilver.

Is their a place in the Geeklog code that refers to the phpBB desired style? As you said, since the bridge only works one way, I now feel the phpbb style should somehow be changed in Geeklog. This may keep the left nav bar in tact on the Forum Index? hmmm.

Here is our Geeklog App index page: http://dev.neven57.com/

Here is our Forum Index Page: http://dev.neven57.com/phpBB2/index.php

Thank-you so very much for your help.

-Lorax

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content