Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 08:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help with Gameserver theme please and forums

Anacharsis

Anonymous
Hello. I installed the folder of gameserver to my FTP in the /layout/ folder in my main FTP. It shows up and I am able to select it as a theme. I keep getting this problem though.
file /home/xtreme2/public_html/main/layout/gameserver/menuitem.thtml does not exist.

I noticed that when I installed Geeklog I didn't have the option for a forum with it. I had it preinstalled on my server I pay for. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

vadertech

Forum User
below is the code for menuitem.thtml so just create the file and copy the code to it.

Text Formatted Code
<span class="welcomeName"> | </span><a class="navbar" href="{menuitem_url}">{menuitem_text}</a>

If you need the forum you can download it under "Downloads". Just read the instructions to install it.

Also if you want to match the forum to the gameserver theme, click here
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Anacharsis

Anonymous
Great. I got this saved so when I go home I will give it a try. Thank you Lord Vader Big Celebration

Anacharsis

Anonymous
Well, I had no problem with the Gameserver theme install. Thank you for that.

I can't for the life of me get the forums to install. I followed the directions well in my opinion. The only part I didn't understand was the

/public_html/main/forums/

I have geeklog setup in a folder called main in public_html folder. Should I install geeklog into the public_html folder or should I install it in the main directory as soon as I log onto my FTP? Just seem to be having problems. I moved all the correct files to the correct folders. Any help please, thank you.

vadertech

Forum User
copy entire forum folder you extracted to plugins folder

in forum folder:

public_html files --> main/forum folder
admin files --> main/admin/plugins/forum folder

You will have to create the forum folder for the main and admin ones.

GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Anacharsis

Anonymous
I am having no luck at all. I got the theme to install no problem this time. I did evrything you told me. I installed the entire forum folder into the new folders and got this error...

Text Formatted Code

Warning: main(../../../lib-common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xtreme2/public_html/main/admin/plugins/forum/admin/install.php on line 52

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../../lib-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/xtreme2/public_html/main/admin/plugins/forum/admin/install.php on line 52

Thank you got any help.

vadertech

Forum User
You don't need the admin folder. Copy the files in the admin folder to /main/xtreme2/public_html/main/admin/plugins/forum/

Anacharsis

Anonymous
Ok things are getting better. I am very close. I just got this error.

Text Formatted Code
Template Error: set_root: /home/xtreme2/public_html/main/layout/gameserver/forum/layout is not a directory

I do appreciate you patience and help on this. Thank you.

Anacharsis

Anonymous
I got it working now. Thanks for all the help DarthVader. I am an idiot but keep that between you and me Leaves me speechless .

I just need to change the css style and I am set. Thanks.

Anacharsis

Anonymous
I just got two more question and I am done with all this setup.

1. When I added the forums on my main index page I have 2 forum options. How do I get rid of one of them?

2. The gameserver theme doesnt seem to work. I went to that thread and the style there is awesome. I don't know how to change the colors or anything Sad . How can I get it to match the gameserver theme?

Thank you.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content