Welcome to Geeklog Sunday, October 21 2018 @ 02:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with new version of GUS 1.4


Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1308
I have found a bug that I can't seem to fix. I am using Geeklog Version 1.3.11, IIS 6.0 and PHP version 4.4.0. I used the previous version of GUS (1.2) without any problems. I installed 1.4 without any problems and everything seemed to be working fine. People where visiting my site and the stats where being recorded. I checked my site on my friends computer and I got the folowing error on a blank white page:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

I returned home and everything seemed to be working. What I eventually figure out after many tests on different computers is that on my local network I can view my site fine but on the internet I get the error. If I disable GUS the site again works. I didn't realize this was a problem for a few days because GUS still recorded the hits from useres. I should have relised something was up since my bandwidth usage was way down. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any replies
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

asmaloney

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 08/02/04
Posts: 214
Is there anything in your httpd logs? In your geeklog error log?

Is there perhaps a newline at the end of your GUS config.php or GUS language file?

- Andy

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1308
Yes there was and I removed them. There are no errors reported in my web site logs or geeklogs. Can I reinstall version 1.2 of gus over 1.4 without losing my stats data?
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

asmaloney

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 08/02/04
Posts: 214
Ummm... not really. 1.4 changes the way pages are stored, so all the links in the reports would be incorrect.

email me and we can take this offline to try to sort it out.

- Andy

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1308
I found a way around the problem after searching the net. I setup IIS to use ISAPI instead of the exe (CGI) to access PHP. Iit seems to have fixed the issue. I am not sure what it was complaining about but it's fixed. Thanks for your help.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:46 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content