Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 12:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inmemoriam bug report

Page navigation

machinari

Forum User
that error is returned when either your upload dir (your album dir) or your inmemoriam log dir cannot be opened for writing. Adjust your permissions on those directories per the install doc.

on line 193 and 218 of inmUpload.class1.php find @fopen and remove the @ symbol. try your upload again to find a error returned to your browser if fopen is the issue.

if it is infact a safe mode issue, check your server log to find something like the following: "Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect..." More info will be displayed as to the particular issue. probably a basedir restriction or something like that.

Mandor

Forum User
Hello.

I cannot tell if it's a bug or my mistake somewhere, but it seems a good place to mention my situation.

I have installed geeklog 1.3.11sr1. I have installed Inmemoriam 0.8.5. I installed it according to html file inside the docs directory.

Things that do not work:
1. http://nihils.net/admin/plugins/inmemoriam/index.php?cfg=manftp (Directories) returns double error: 403 + 404.
2. Thumbnails for Albums are not being uploaded.
3. Adding new files to albums ends with an error file alredy exists in that album - it doesn't.

I was trying to find any information on similar problems but I haven't found anything that would help me.

I do need your advice. Thank you.

--
Mandor

machinari

Forum User
the 404 often will follow a 403 naturally... the 403, access forbidden, is indicative of a permissions problem. If you've uploaded media via FTP, for example, the script cannot work on it unless permissions are set that would allow the php script to access it. The usage doc should cover this.

If you are not getting any thumbnails, have a look at the other image sizes, particularly the full size image, which should return an error of some kind. please report that error.

the "file already exists in that album" error doesn't exist.
It should say "filename already exists in database for specified album" or "filename already exists in album's directory." Accordingly, ensure that you are checking for the existence of your file in the appropriate place, i.e., the database and/or the file system. Use the database tools from the admin page to check your stuff. This kind of thing occurs when uploads and/or the script have been interupted for whatever reason, or when stuff is moved around manually leaving the script out of the loop, so to speak, etc.

hth

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
any news on netpbm support ?
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

machinari

Forum User
YES, most definitely!Very Happy
NetPBM and ImageMagick are now supported, though I'm still having an issue with the watermark in both of those.. cant seem to keep them from overwriting the original--not good. It will be available in about 2 weekends from today--with or without the watermark for those 2 libraries. I'm just gonna see if I can squeeze a couple more features/options in first. just finished the mail notification and was working on the NetPBM watermark when I heard "you've got mail" and there was trinity. Very Happy

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thank you verry much!!!! Big Celebration

- Trin
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

hatric

Forum User
Junior

Couple quick questions...

1) Any way to have the order in which an album's thumbnails are displayed to sort on the Filename of the picture (alphabetical)?

2) I would also like to increase the size of the thumbnail created on the main index page. Currently it is 85x64.

I also would like to take a second to thank you for supporting your superb plug-in. It really helps us newbies, and I am sure some guru's, to have your support. Thank you !!!

/hat

hatric

Forum User
Junior

Scratch question #2. Figured that one out!

machinari

Forum User
Quote by hatric:
Any way to have the order in which an album's thumbnails are displayed to sort on the Filename of the picture (alphabetical)?
this is the first time i've heard anybody wanting this type of ordering. not that that matters.

I don't think that I'll be making this a feature, but if you are bent on sorting by filename, you'll have to get into the code. try this:
find this line in browse.php in the function inmAlbumThumbs()
Text Formatted Code
    $result = DB_query("SELECT *" . $rateExpr . " FROM {$INM_TABLES['media']} WHERE aid='{$A['id']}' AND status='0'" . COM_getPermSQL('and') . $orderby . $offset);

and change it to read like this
Text Formatted Code
    $result = DB_query("SELECT *" . $rateExpr . " FROM {$INM_TABLES['media']} WHERE aid='{$A['id']}' AND status='0'" . COM_getPermSQL('and') . ' ORDER BY filename ASC' . $offset);

I haven't tried it so you're on your own.

Charon_79_M

Anonymous
Here's my wishlist... (not in order of desire)

1: Slideshow

2: Ability to change order of photos based on my whim... not alphabetically or date.

3: Button to click to send file to shutterfly or equivalent (for the grandparents)

4: Ability for viewers to add a comment on a picture

berber

Forum User
Junior
I just installed the plugin.
I'm having the same problem that others have with the missing load() funciton.

The problem started at instalation when the install script didn't find "Image/Transform.php". From what i could see it was not looking in the correct location which is "pear/Image/Transform.php".

Looking at geeklogs config i see that the pear directory is set :

$_CONF['path_pear'] = $_CONF['path_system'] . 'pear/';

but image-functions.inc does not seem to use "$_CONF['path_pear']", it just calls :

require_once ('Image/Transform.php');

which obviously is not there.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong i would appreciate a heads up.

thanks

berber

machinari

Forum User
re the pear path not making it into your include path > see my very first post in this thread for more info.

berber

Forum User
Junior
Thanks, that solved the problem.
Looking for the solution in Google i came to the thread in the middle and thought it made no sense to go back since i didn't see any solution for those with a similar problem.

Maybe it's worth adding this to the instalation doc.

thanks

berber

machinari

Forum User
well, I don't actually have to add it to the install doc because it has been added to the functions.inc file. You'll see it the upcoming release--two days or so.

RichardTowler

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by machinari: well, I don't actually have to add it to the install doc because it has been added to the functions.inc file. You'll see it the upcoming release--two days or so.

on edge of seat Mr. Green
GameFaction - For All Your Gaming Needs

berber

Forum User
Junior
Amazing service level!!! Smile
And the plugin looks great.

All i have to do now it translate it to Hebrew...
Is there a language file?

machinari

Forum User
there is an English language file in the $_conf['path']/plugins/inmemoriam/language/ dir. A bit has been added/edited (not much) since your version--you may want to wait for the new one.

berber

Forum User
Junior
When the new ver comes out, will you have only the files that have chaned or will i have to overite all of the files?

machinari

Forum User
the release will contain the full package, 90% of which files have changed to some degree so you'll be overwriting them all. I have only to test the upgrade script and I'm done, btw.

Robin

Forum User
In the pursuit of perfectness I've been checking my site for HTML compliance and I came across some small issues with, among others, the one and only Inmemoriam.
First of all there is I believe a typo in para.thtml. There is for="id" and should be form="id".
Next thing that causes a lot of validation errors is the & in functions.inc. After changing it into &ampsemicolon errors disapeared.
I'll keep you posted if I find more.
Cheers Very Happy and thank you for a great plugin Its a deal - shaking hands
PS
Polish translation should be available soon Very Happy
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content