charon79m

Forum User
I set the loop counters both to one and I still time out.

Hmmm...

Any other suggestions?

charon79m

Forum User
Yum is the redhat equivalent to apt-get or dpkg.

It's not bad... but it's no apt.

MrKnisely

Rob

Anonymous
Quote by darwoodius: I was having the same issue (it seems) as Trinity and Dustin are having. I finally found that although it seemed that GD was installed, it wasn't. Yum'ing php-gd took care of the problem. Good luck guys.

Define "Yum'ing"

Thanks,
-Rob

machinari

Forum User
lower your numbers as follows:
PHP Formatted Code
            if ($t >= 1){
                break 2;
            }
            if ($i >= 1){
                break 2;
            }

The script should not continue looping thru images after the first one has been processed.

charon79m

Forum User
The directories in question would be:

geeklog/plugins/inmemoriam/scaled/
&
geeklog/plugins/inmemoriam/thumbnails/

I have directories called "1" at both of those locations. Both of the "1" directories do have files populated in them, they are quite small in size, so it looks like things are working.

I moved the data out of those directories and tried again to populate the thumbs. It generated 16 files, 5 sets of three and it looked like it started to loop through for a sixth image before it timed out.

Here is the pertinent part of geeklog/plugins/inmemoriam/admin/index.php (I think) to show it should only be looping once.

PHP Formatted Code

}
            if ($t >= 3){
                break 2;
            }
            if ($i >= 2){
                break 2;

Version info follows:

Geeklog: 1.3.11sr1
Inmemoriam : Inmemoriam v 0.8.5 plug-in for Geeklog
PHP4-GD: 4.3.10-1
PHP4-imagick was not installed... it is now (0.9.7-1.3)

Need any other versions, let me know.

Thanks!

MrKnisely

darwoodius

Anonymous
I was having the same issue (it seems) as Trinity and Dustin are having. I finally found that although it seemed that GD was installed, it wasn't. Yum'ing php-gd took care of the problem. Good luck guys.

machinari

Forum User
WoW, just had a look at some of you pics and I have to say, you do definitely need to use the static image generator--at least for the thumbs.

hopefully you can get me a bit more info (version numbers, etc.) and i'll see what I can do.

machinari

Forum User
after you get the "execution timeout" error, go to your directory and see if any images were actually processed. If there have been no thumbnails, and/or no scaled images created at all, then the issue probably isn't with the script, but more likely with the graphics library or with the images themselves. But I would need more info before I could say that conclusively.

What I can say is this: it doesn't take 30 seconds to resize one image.
What is the average size of your images? ...and does everything else seem to work ok?

charon79m

Forum User

Got the suggestions. Thanks, but...

Quote by machinari:
*Increase the max_execution_time using ini_set() if you have safe mode off
*or reduce the number of images that are being processed.

to reduce the number of images that are being processed per run, do this:
find the function inm_generateStatic() in admin/index.php.
then find the following lines near the end of the function (line 882ish):
PHP Formatted Code
            if ($t >= 300){
                break 2;
            }
            if ($i >= 200){
                break 2;
            }

change the 300 to 99 (33 images made into 99 thumbs) and change the 200 to 100 (100 scaled images) depending on which is giving you the trouble. mess around with the numbers.

Well, I gave this a shot... I took the settings down incrementally till I got to 3 and 2. No joy.

Quote by machinari:
hmm.. you could probably put set_time_limit(n)

I tried this, but I didn't know exactly what I was doing... well, actually I hadn't a clue. I tossed this right under the "global" line where it is pulling in variables (i'm guessing). I did know enough to change the "n" to a value; I chose 60 for the fun of it. Have I mentioned I know no programming and little about web design.

Anyway, no good there either. It still takes 30 seconds and then ends out.

Update on the machine on which this is running. It's not quite as bad as I thought. PIII 733 256MB PC133 memory. Running Ubuntu Linux, no X.

When I click on the generate buttons, the processor utilization jumps to >90%, but I never use up all my memory.

Any other suggestions? I'll let the process run all night if I have to... I just want to get this to generate the thumbs. Let me know if I can post anything else. It's a vanilla install on a clean Linux install too...

Yes, I know they will still need to populate on the page, but it'll be a heck of a lot faster than what I'm seeing now, I'm sure.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Josh: When attempting to edit an album, I receive the following error:
An input validation error has occurred. Please go back and review your entries.
Is this a file or folder security problem?
No, this error has only to do with the values passed by $_POST.
a required value is missing, or, more likely, a hidden or required album ID has been edited or removed.

Is there any part of the album editing process that works for you? and is this error only returned when you try to set the album as featured?

DTrumbower

Forum User
Quote by machinari: DTrumbower, Inmemoriam is not designed to be installed into the CVS version of Geeklog. When 1.3.12 comes out, the plugin will be updated.

I figured that out. But it's working now.

Josh

Anonymous
When attempting to edit an album, I receive the following error:
An input validation error has occurred. Please go back and review your entries.

I was trying to set an album as a featured block for my homepage when I received the error.

Is this a file or folder security problem?

Josh ~ www.jtravis.us

machinari

Forum User
DTrumbower, Inmemoriam is not designed to be installed into the CVS version of Geeklog. When 1.3.12 comes out, the plugin will be updated.

DTrumbower

Forum User
Wed 28 Sep 2005 03:30:19 PM CDT - Inserting default data into phpblock table
Wed 28 Sep 2005 03:30:19 PM CDT - 1136: Column count doesn't match value count a
t row 1. SQL in question:
Wed 28 Sep 2005 03:30:19 PM CDT - Error inserting default data into phpblock tab
le

hatric

Forum User
Junior
I'll give it a whirl! thanks for your help !! If things get all messy I will get back to you so you will know for sure.

machinari

Forum User
I haven't looked at it, hatric, but if you remove any height specification in the .inm-thumbnail rule in your inmemoriam.css, then that should give you what you want, but be warned, your rows may not return properly after a break depending on the final height of one div compared to the next. test it out and hopefully you won't see what I mean.

hatric

Forum User
Junior
Quote by machinari: not sure what you mean, but you could use max-width or max-height attributes in your CSS, but that might cause problems with rows not laying out properly however.

I was thinking I would like to shorten (vertically) the size of the theme area (shade, light, rose, etc.) around a thumbnail in the thumbnail pages just enough to encapsulate the thumbnail itself and the caption (from the edit you showed me earlier) and nothing more.

Hope that is a bit more clear for you.

thanks! ~hatric

Rob

Anonymous
Also get the following error message when attempt to create static images:

PHP Formatted Code
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PEAR_Error::load() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\geeklog\public_html\admin\plugins\inmemoriam\index.php on line 917

Also I suppose there should have been slashes in that last post... oops.

-Rob

Rob

Anonymous
Ok I went through and I tested to see if putting an exact path into image-functions.inc would change anything, and it didn't, so then I just took the entire line out to see what would happen, and as expected I get a php error saying that it can't find the functions included in transform.php. Therefore I have to assume that the code is at least getting there to know what the functions are, which allows me to call them. Don't know if that helps any...
But I also have the complete error that I get when I attempt to view a photo in "full image" mode.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PEAR_Error::load() in crogram FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsgeeklogpluginsinmemoriamimage-functions.inc on line 192

Hope this helps some. Will continue messing with it,

-Rob

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Hatric:Any way to scale down the theme box size
not sure what you mean, but you could use max-width or max-height attributes in your CSS, but that might cause problems with rows not laying out properly however.