machinari

Forum User
Quote by hatric:
Any way to have the order in which an album's thumbnails are displayed to sort on the Filename of the picture (alphabetical)?
this is the first time i've heard anybody wanting this type of ordering. not that that matters.

I don't think that I'll be making this a feature, but if you are bent on sorting by filename, you'll have to get into the code. try this:
find this line in browse.php in the function inmAlbumThumbs()
PHP Formatted Code
    $result = DB_query("SELECT *" . $rateExpr . " FROM {$INM_TABLES['media']} WHERE aid='{$A['id']}' AND status='0'" . COM_getPermSQL('and') . $orderby . $offset);

and change it to read like this
PHP Formatted Code
    $result = DB_query("SELECT *" . $rateExpr . " FROM {$INM_TABLES['media']} WHERE aid='{$A['id']}' AND status='0'" . COM_getPermSQL('and') . ' ORDER BY filename ASC' . $offset);

I haven't tried it so you're on your own.

hatric

Forum User
Junior

Scratch question #2. Figured that one out!

hatric

Forum User
Junior

Couple quick questions...

1) Any way to have the order in which an album's thumbnails are displayed to sort on the Filename of the picture (alphabetical)?

2) I would also like to increase the size of the thumbnail created on the main index page. Currently it is 85x64.

I also would like to take a second to thank you for supporting your superb plug-in. It really helps us newbies, and I am sure some guru's, to have your support. Thank you !!!

/hat

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thank you verry much!!!!

- Trin
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

machinari

Forum User
YES, most definitely!
NetPBM and ImageMagick are now supported, though I'm still having an issue with the watermark in both of those.. cant seem to keep them from overwriting the original--not good. It will be available in about 2 weekends from today--with or without the watermark for those 2 libraries. I'm just gonna see if I can squeeze a couple more features/options in first. just finished the mail notification and was working on the NetPBM watermark when I heard "you've got mail" and there was trinity.

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
any news on netpbm support ?
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

machinari

Forum User
the 404 often will follow a 403 naturally... the 403, access forbidden, is indicative of a permissions problem. If you've uploaded media via FTP, for example, the script cannot work on it unless permissions are set that would allow the php script to access it. The usage doc should cover this.

If you are not getting any thumbnails, have a look at the other image sizes, particularly the full size image, which should return an error of some kind. please report that error.

the "file already exists in that album" error doesn't exist.
It should say "filename already exists in database for specified album" or "filename already exists in album's directory." Accordingly, ensure that you are checking for the existence of your file in the appropriate place, i.e., the database and/or the file system. Use the database tools from the admin page to check your stuff. This kind of thing occurs when uploads and/or the script have been interupted for whatever reason, or when stuff is moved around manually leaving the script out of the loop, so to speak, etc.

hth

Mandor

Forum User
Hello.

I cannot tell if it's a bug or my mistake somewhere, but it seems a good place to mention my situation.

I have installed geeklog 1.3.11sr1. I have installed Inmemoriam 0.8.5. I installed it according to html file inside the docs directory.

Things that do not work:
1. http://nihils.net/admin/plugins/inmemoriam/index.php?cfg=manftp (Directories) returns double error: 403 + 404.
2. Thumbnails for Albums are not being uploaded.
3. Adding new files to albums ends with an error file alredy exists in that album - it doesn't.

I was trying to find any information on similar problems but I haven't found anything that would help me.

I do need your advice. Thank you.

--
Mandor

machinari

Forum User
that error is returned when either your upload dir (your album dir) or your inmemoriam log dir cannot be opened for writing. Adjust your permissions on those directories per the install doc.

on line 193 and 218 of inmUpload.class1.php find @fopen and remove the @ symbol. try your upload again to find a error returned to your browser if fopen is the issue.

if it is infact a safe mode issue, check your server log to find something like the following: "Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect..." More info will be displayed as to the particular issue. probably a basedir restriction or something like that.

Scooter_KC

Forum User
working
First off let Me say I LOVE this plugin. Installation went smooth following the docs but I have run into a wall involving the creation of albums/uploading of media.

If I use the interface to create albums, they are created no problem but they are owned by 'apache'. If I then try to upload images to them (still via the interface) the uploads always fail with the following message:

Add Results

Process complete: 1 error(s) occured and 0 file(s) uploaded successfully. Add more...

The following files encountered errors:

* ab_cartoon3.jpg: file could not be uploaded.

The file size is not an issue but I'm betting that permissions are what's hangin me.

When I use the FTP method of creating and uploading albums/media and then use the scan functions to pull them into the database, everything is golden.

Could this be a SAFE mode issue?

Some stats FYI:

PHP version: 4.3.10
Apache version: Apache/2.0.53
(and sadly) SAFE mode: ON

Any insight/suggestions hugely appreciated.

K
It was working... I SWEAR!

Josh

Anonymous
Quote by machinari: If you've uploaded all your albums via FTP, the script accesses them in the order that they are stored by the filesystem. That order is not controlled by the script..

Hope that helps

That does help. I always work with the media folders in descending order, so I uploaded them to the server in descending order, so that explains it. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your time.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Josh:
I would suggest using the serial number for now() rather than the folder names for the album id in the Auto: Scan and Apply function.
The auto scan doesn't create the album's ID as that simply is a reflection of your directory name. I don't recall having any trouble with hyphens to date, but I will put it on my list and check into it. thanks.
Quote by Josh:
Additionally, is there not a way to sort albums in descending order rather than ascending? My album names are dates and I would prefer newer media to appear at the top of the page.
by default, albums summaries on the index page are sorted by date descending, i.e., the date created (not by directory or album names though those names may be in the form of dates). Media thumbs on the browse page are also sorted by date descending, by default. If you've uploaded all your albums via FTP, the script accesses them in the order that they are stored by the filesystem. That order is not controlled by the script..

Hope that helps

Josh

Anonymous
Quote by machinari:
Quote by Josh: When attempting to edit an album, I receive the following error:
An input validation error has occurred. Please go back and review your entries.
Is this a file or folder security problem?
No, this error has only to do with the values passed by $_POST.
a required value is missing, or, more likely, a hidden or required album ID has been edited or removed.

Is there any part of the album editing process that works for you? and is this error only returned when you try to set the album as featured?

If you use the Auto: Scan and Apply button on the Directory Administration page, the folder names that your media is in is used as the album name and ID.

However, if you create a new album yourself, it looks like the ID defaults to the serial number for now()

The reason I was not able to edit my albums was because I used the auto function to create all the albums and the folder names my media was in contained hyphens, which appear to be illegal characters for the ID field.

I would suggest using the serial number for now() rather than the folder names for the album id in the Auto: Scan and Apply function.

Additionally, is there not a way to sort albums in descending order rather than ascending? My album names are dates and I would prefer newer media to appear at the top of the page.

machinari

Forum User
if you just picked up that file, try it again, the cache didn't refresh when I put up the working file. it's up now though.

machinari

Forum User
mrcraig52, and the rest of you who are using 0.8.5, you will all have this same problem so click here to get a new albums.php to be placed in your public_html dir.

mrcraig52, let me know if that fixes your problem. I'm on the wrong machine this weekend to test anything myself.

mach

Anonymous
Quote by mrcraig52:
I know next to nothing about SQL, so I have no idea what this means, any ideas?
there's a comma there that shouldn't be.. gimme a couple secs to look for it.

mrcraig52

Forum User
Ok, I have a user who is trying to edit an album he created and he keeps getting an SQL error. I checked my error.log and this is what I found:

Fri Sep 30 18:58:07 2005 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE id='12' LIMIT 1' at line 1. SQL in question: UPDATE gl_inm_albums SET name='StringPics', description='This, that and the other', frame='', theme='0', thumbsize='2', thumbs_perpage='24', maxw='2000', maxh='2000', dispfullimg='1', limitfullimg='1', enable_rating='', enable_comments='', orderby='1', group_id='2', owner_id='6', allow_submit='1', queue='1', WHERE id='12' LIMIT 1

I know next to nothing about SQL, so I have no idea what this means, any ideas?

machinari

Forum User
yup, it will still work. the processing will begin with the first image it finds that has not yet been processed. so whether it times out or not, the process goes on.

I'm boggled why the loop wouldn't break as it should. I'll have to take a closer look at that function to see where it may have a issue. If I find anything I'll let you know. At least we know that it isn't the image class--that would suck.

charon79m

Forum User
Yes, it does loop through multiple images until it times out.

I'd be happy to post my index.php... but it's not been edited other than as requested by you here.

Let me ask you this, if it times out does that matter? I mean, if I let it time out and then run it again... over and over again until all the files are done, will it work as it is supposed to?

Point me to a method to get a version of GDlib and it's yours.

Regarding using imagemagick, I wouldn't know the difference if it were staring me in the face. I just want it to work... what's under the hood only matters when the car isn't runnin'.

MrKnisely

mach

Anonymous
is that one image at least being processed? anymore than that? If more than one is being process then your script is messed up somehow. If not, then you'll have to get me your GDlib version so that I can check the appropriate save() function. However you probably have 2.x bundled with your PHP 4.3 and so there shouldn't be a problem with that.

If you would rather use ImageMagick, you'll have to wait for my next release as it is not complete in the release you are using.