hatric

Forum User
Junior

My bad on the caption, when I was typing in the text I did not use spaces - I am a dumba$$ at times

The bolding of the album titles you suggested did not work, nothing changed in apperance.

and... I thought of another question for you. In the random picture block, is there a way to describe, underneath the thumbnail, text to tell which album the picture came from? e.g. "From the XXX Album"

and... When using the slideshow there is no "exit" button to kill it and return to the gallery... or am I missing something?

and... I would like to set the default order of albums to date ascending rather than date decending.

and... and thats enough for now!

thanks!
/hatric

machinari

Forum User
Quote by charon79m:I get an error when I try to show the full sized images:
Warning: imagick_setcompressionquality() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/geeklog/system/pear/Image/Transform/Driver/Imagick2.php on line 261
My bad, I neglected to consider that instead of specifying a library in your geeklog config file's $_CONF['image_lib'], some might just leave it empty, which it is by default.
The easy way to fix this is to specify a library in your Geeklog config.php file according to the comments contained therein.
The not so easy way would be to edit the pear file, system/pear/image/transform.php as follows:
find the following bit
PHP Formatted Code
    function &factory($driver)
    {
                if ('' == $driver) {
            $aExtensions = array(
                'imagick' => 'Imagick2',
                'gd'      => 'GD',
                'imlib'   => 'Imlib');
            foreach ($aExtensions as $sExt => $sDriver) {
                if (PEAR::loadExtension($sExt)) {
                    $driver = $sDriver;
                    break;
                }

and just rearrange the extension array like so
PHP Formatted Code
    function &factory($driver)
    {
                if ('' == $driver) {
            $aExtensions = array(
                'gd'     => 'GD',
                'imagick' => 'Imagick2',
                'imlib'   => 'Imlib');
            foreach ($aExtensions as $sExt => $sDriver) {
                if (PEAR::loadExtension($sExt)) {
                    $driver = $sDriver;
                    break;
                }

the imagick and imlib extensions are not supported.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by hatric:When writing a loooooong caption/description for a picture/album the text does not "word wrap"
I can't think of why this would happen unless you have no spaces in your caption. Must be a style issue. Got a page for me to have a look at?

Quote by hatric:in the text that populates the drop down box (album and subalbum titles) is there a way to bold the text of the parent album?
yes. good idea. here's how you can do it: find the function inm_showintro() in the funcitons.inc file and find this line:
PHP Formatted Code
                $albumoptions .= '<option value="' . $A['id'] . '">' . $album . '</option>' . LB;

and change it to this:
PHP Formatted Code
                $albumoptions .= '<option style="font-weight:bold;" value="' . $A['id'] . '">' . $album . '</option>' . LB;

or you could add a class name and then put your style into the CSS--that's probably what I'll do.. Coloring the parent albums might be an idea as well.

charon79m

Forum User
I upgraded to .90 without issue. The install went well and I did not get any issues when I ran the upgrade. When I go into my albums, however, I do not have any images show.

No thumbnails, no resized images, and I get an error when I try to show the full sized images:

PHP Formatted Code

Warning: imagick_setcompressionquality() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/geeklog/system/pear/Image/Transform/Driver/Imagick2.php on line 261

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strcasecomp() in /var/www/geeklog/system/pear/Image/Transform/Driver/Imagick2.php on line 263

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. If any more info would be helpful, let me know.

Thanks!

MrKnisely

hatric

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for the help above...

Another ? for you. When writing a loooooong caption/description for a picture/album the text does not "word wrap" (so to speak) and keeps widening the page to hold the single line of text. Is there a way to have it automatically break to the next line at say 100 characters or something of the like?

Also, a suggestion: In the "jump to" drop down box I increased the character count from the default 12 up to 50. Not a real big deal, but does make it easier to read for those with longer album titles. And along that line... in the text that populates the drop down box (album and subalbum titles) is there a way to bold the text of the parent album?

thanks,
/hatric

machinari

Forum User
my bad, missed the parent album dir..

the following applies to v0.9.0
in functions.inc, in the function inm_showAlbumSummary(), at beginning at line 1604 replace the following:
PHP Formatted Code
                        //loop thru sub-albums until a random image is returned
                        while ($sRA = DB_fetchArray($sR)){
                            $albumthumb = inm_getRandomMedia($sRA['id']);
                            if(is_array($albumthumb) && !empty($albumthumb['mid']) && file_exists($INM_CONF['path_albums'] . $sRA['aid'] . '/' . $albumthumb['filename'])){
                                $adir = $sRA['aid'];
                                break;
                            }
                        }

with the following:
PHP Formatted Code
                        //loop thru sub-albums until a random image is returned
                        while ($sRA = DB_fetchArray($sR)){
                            $albumthumb = inm_getRandomMedia($sRA['id']);
                            if(is_array($albumthumb) && !empty($albumthumb['mid']) && file_exists($INM_CONF['path_albums'] . $A['aid'] . '/' . $sRA['aid'] . '/' . $albumthumb['filename'])){
                                $adir = $A['aid'] . '/' . $sRA['aid'];
                                break;
                            }
                        }

notice the addition of $A['aid']

hatric

Forum User
Junior

Close to the begining of this thread a user (k616) asked about a parent album not showing the # of items (from sub albums):

"- picture and view count of album should show picture and view count of album and subalbums combined."

Currently my parent albums show 0 items even with subalbums within. Can you help?

The auto-thumbnailing of sub-album pictures code that he/she submitted worked, although it is now line 1610 with v.9 versus 1477 in .85

Thanks for your help!

berber

Forum User
Junior
forget it.... damn junk mail folder
I need to change the From field... it's sending this mail to the junk folder in outlook...

berber

Forum User
Junior
I made the change and the error is gone, however I'm not getting the welcome mail with the password when i register.

a simply mail -v from shell does send mail...

I'm using a linux box

any idea?

machinari

Forum User
I probably should have thought of this, but let's limit the call to pear to the script that will actually use it rather than having the path included every time any page is loaded. Take the pear include stuff from the functions.inc file and place it just above the require_once ('Image/Transform.php'); in the image-functions.inc file.

That will fix your problem, and it just might fix Trinity's problem also. As I was debugging this, I was finally able to reproduce Trinity's issue on my own box and fixed it by doing the above.
I've only been able to reproduce the issue on a windows box however, *nix just seems to always work.

berber

Forum User
Junior
I'm not sure if it's connected to Inmemoriam but the only PEAR changes made lately were related to Inmemoriam.

I managed to track the problem down to the stage where the user needs to get his pass via mail.

/system/pear/Mail.php calls require_once 'PEAR.php';

This is where it fails and returns Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/WWW/megira/system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

I have just commented out your "quick fix for geeklog's pear path not included in php.ini" and it all works ok.

please advise.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber:How about a dedicated forum for this amazing album?
thy this.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber: When trying to register i get :

[29-Oct-2005 21:37:14] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/....../system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

Currently i get this only on users.php
...and this has what to do with Inmemoriam? are you suggesting that your inability to access users.php has something to do with Inmemoriam? I don't see how it could, but if it does, remove the pear include stuff from the functions.inc file and see if that does you.

berber

Forum User
Junior
When trying to register i get :

[29-Oct-2005 21:37:14] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/....../system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

Currently i get this only on users.php

berber

Forum User
Junior
I don't know about a new thread... this one seems to be doing the work

How about a dedicated forum for this amazing album?
I'm sure that the guys at geeklog can do something.

If not, i can open one specially for you on http://www.weberforums.com or you can open one on your site....

it's hard enough finding this thread each time i open my browser...

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber: How can i change the name of the plugin on the top menu?
language file... $LANG_INM01[1]

feel free to start a new thread anytime dudes

berber

Forum User
Junior
How can i change the name of the plugin on the top menu?

berber

Forum User
Junior
Damn permissions
After actually copying the files and not only thinking that i copied them the upgrade went as detailed in the docs.

Will update if there is any problem.

thanks

berber

Forum User
Junior
I copied the files and then the pear problem started again. can't find transform.php. Also, the admin shows 0.8.5/0.8.5 and not 0.8.5/0.9.0

machinari

Forum User
by the way, 0.9.0 was released yesterday, but it hasn't been approved here yet so you can get it at summitpages.ca

see this post for more info.