Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 04:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

permissions to install plugin. login as root user

Nicco

Anonymous
Hello.
I have installed geeklog, upgraded version and changed the theme with success.
now, before i attempt to integrate forum, i want to back up DB. (yes for a whole 2 users.. me and 1 other person. (But I want this to work for the future users).

i can't back up with mySQLdump (cant get path to work after consulting with hosting company), so i downloaded the plugin (phpdump) to back up without mySQLdump.

i had to tweak a setting in the install.php (for the new plugin) to find lib-common.php (i added '../' because i am a directory too 'deep'.

here is the question. how do i log in as a root user to run the install??

check the log below:
Sun Sep 11 10:36:24 2005 - Someone has tried to illegally access the phpdump install/uninstall page. User id: , Username: , IP: 65.11.322.250

the instructions say to "log in to your Geeklog as a root user and run install.php in your admin/plugins/phpdump directory".

ya lost me there!! i loggged into geeklog website as root user, but have not found the addition under plugins.
so i tried going via my hosting service into the file manager and fromlooking at the error above, i amnot logged in a the root user.

this is probably so simple, but my experience with php is what i have decribed above, the install (and upgrade) + installing the theme.

throw me a bone, please. Smile
nicco

numnuts@toughguy.net

-====-
sept 11. 4 years have flown by!
dont forget the fallen!

nic©o

Anonymous
cheerful
ok got it. i had copied the files to the servier incorrectly.
it shows up under the plugins in admin area.

i guess the other 19 hits on this page didn't know or didn't tell. ?

thanks for reading.. i posted it so if anyone else comes across this, its here.

you call it / install it from the admin area, but it will only show if you copy the files correctly.
i guess you have to want enough to read and figure it out?

the newbie..
peace-n-love

nic©o

big thanks to BLaine Lang

Anonymous
BIG THANKS.. for the time taken.

actually, the graphic by Blaine Lang is what helped me figure i had one directory missing.

thanks Blaine.

nic©o

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content