Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 01:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

trouble installing blog plugin

wfzimmerman

Forum User
Chatty
just upgraded to 1.3.11sr1.

trying to install blog plugin 1.1. a few qs:

1) it's "contributeware," where do I contribute?
2) I think I have all the directories in the right places, *but*
2) blog plugin is not showing up as an "install" option (or at all) on the plugins admin page
3) when I try to run admin/plugins/blog/install.php directly, I get an error message saying "Authentication Required", and it doesn't appear to run. PhpMyAdmin shows me that no tables are created in the db.

What does the plugins admin page look for? How can I isolate the problem?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Generally speaking, Geeklog's plugin admin page looks for any directories below /path/to/geeklog/plugins/ that contain a functions.inc file. The directory name is then assumed to be the plugin's name and it looks for a directory of that name in /path/to/geeklog/public_html/admin/plugins/, which should contain an install.php file. If those conditions are met, the "install" link should show up.

So make sure that you have all the files and directories in the proper places. The blog plugin is no different than other plugins in that respect.

The plugin requires Root permissions for the install. It doesn't create any tables, but adds new features, groups, and a few entries in the gl_vars table.

bye, Dirk

wfzimmerman

Forum User
Chatty
ok, i got the install link to show up.

Still not working. The UID that is trying to execute the install script belongs to the root gorup.

Any ideas?

wfzimmerman

Forum User
Chatty
ok, got the plugin installed. looks great!

does anyone happen to know whether the blogger web client (www.blogger.com) works with this and which setting accepts the RFC address?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by wfzimmerman: does anyone happen to know whether the blogger web client (www.blogger.com) works with this

Hmm? I think you have thing backwards. You use a Blogger client to post to a website, such as blogger.com or your Geeklog site, now that you have the blog plugin installed.

If you're looking for a web-based client, I'd suggest you simply log into your Geeklog site as usual and post from there ...

bye, Dirk

wfzimmerman

Forum User
Chatty
I want to use Blogger for Word

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/08/this-was-posted-from-microsoft-word.html

to talk to the Geeklog Blogger interface.

It looks to me as if Blogger for Word only knows how to talk to blogger.com and that there is no obvious way to customize it to talk to other Blogger API servers.

1) does this look correct to others?

2) any work-arounds? for example, is there a tool somewhere that can serve as a "pipe" from blogspot.com to my Blogger API-compatible Geeklog?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No Word or Windows here, so I can't check. Maybe you can patch the URL in this thing?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content