Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

TOC with directory.php

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
curious
I'm trying to make a magazine-like table of contents using a staticpage centerblock with links that open to the topics. Easy enough. But I'm wondering how hard it would be to use directory.php to list the stories in the topics. You can do it using the directory link for each topic as the link in the staticpage menu, but the stories are displayed by month rather than by name. What I'm trying to do is have a list similar to that generated when $conf_list_current_month = true; but for all the stories in the topic, not just the current month. While I'm at it I'd also like to keep the drop down menu for the topics....

My problem is I'm pretty stupit when it comes to php... so I was wondering if anyone has already done this or can at least shove me off in the right direction...... Giving it a try

Thanky thanky

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
directory.php was written for that very specific sort of lists it's producing. If you want something else, it's probably easier to start fresh.

The logic to list all the stories in a topic is not that complicated. In directory.php, however, it's somewhat buried under the date-based logic.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content