Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Install HELP! MySQL

StStephen

Anonymous
I get this error after (new, clean) installation:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

Running MySQL 3.23.58 on Apache 1.3.23, PHP 4.1.2

ANY HELP is appreciated!

StStephen

Anonymous
Ok, apparently MySQL permissions were not set correctly, which caused empty values in the DB. Seems to work now!
Thanks!

Farfelue

Anonymous
hopeful
You posted this error problem after a new installation...

I now have this very same message after a couple of weeks of trouble-free use...???

Can you please tell me how to modify the MySQL permissions... I guess they must be changed on the server Question Question Question

Can someone help me Can someone help me Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For the permissions, see http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html#access-denied.

But I doubt that this will solve the problem. Please provide more information.

bye, Dirk

Farfelue

Anonymous
gloomy
I was referring to the following log message, which StSteven began this thread with:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

My Geeklog site was a charm to setup, I even added the forum plugin + the forum's french language file, and everything's been working just fine...
Today, however, after several days of Geeklog enchantment Laughing , while showing someone how easy it is to post a story comment, my admin fuctions began to give me error notices...
I therefore quit the site, unable to even log out, and have been getting error pages everytime I try to re-enter the site Banging your head
And the log reports the above mentioned remark...
Now I've already tried a few things like deleting cookies, trying another browser, and even renaming the directory on the server (yes, I corrected all the paths, etc.)
Earlier in this thread, StSteven mentioned changing MySQL permissions on the server, to correct a blank space... If this was his solution, I'm not sure how to do it Question Question Question
Thanks, in advance, for your help praying it will work praying it will work praying it will work

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The error message means that the current user is not in any group - which shouldn't happen.

Can you create a new user account? If so, you can try creating a new root user and repair things with that account then.

bye, Dirk

P.S. And please don't post in bold, it's annoying ...

Farfelue

Anonymous
tired
Sorry about the bold Dirk Embarassed
Appreciate your answer, however, I cannot get into the site...
Even if I use another browser, or another dial-up!
That's "THE" problem.
Could I send you this site's URL privately, and ask you to try Question
I'm getting desperate, and about to pull out whatever hair I have left on my head Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Farfelue: however, I cannot get into the site...
Even if I use another browser, or another dial-up!
That's "THE" problem.

Hmm. Did you have a look at your database? It's possible that the gl_groups or gl_group_assignments tables are empty or at least missing entries.

Do you have a database backup?

Quote by Farfelue: Could I send you this site's URL privately, and ask you to try

Sure, but I won't have the time to look into it until tomorrow.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content