Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 12:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Default group permissions

AlmostElite

Anonymous
I've installed a plugin called guildinfo and everything works fine except that registered users can't view the page simply because they don't have the right to. Now, if I edit every user in the newly registered group to be allowed to see it then all is ok.. but that's just annoying to be honest Neutral

How do I make it so that the default newly registered group has the right to see the page?

It's set right now so that non-registered can view it, myself can use/admin it, and a group I made can moderate/use it.. it's just the one default group that I want to see it.

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by AlmostElite: I've installed a plugin called guildinfo and everything works fine except that registered users can't view the page simply because they don't have the right to.

IMO, that's bad design on part of the plugin. It should either work the other way around, i.e. let everyone use it and give an Admin the option to exclude people, or it should add users to it's group on installation (and for new users, there's a plugin API function).

Having said that, there is a block written by Blaine that lets you manipulate Geeklog's core groups. You can use that to add the plugin's group to the Logged-in Users group, so that all registered user get access automatically (or to the All Users group, so anonymous users will get access, too).

bye, Dirk

AlmostElite

Anonymous
Yeah, it confused me too.. but yeah, your solution worked beautifully.

Thank you very much Mr. Green

wrdickson

Forum User
How did you get it installed? I got the following after installation:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_user() in /my/path/here/public_html/guildinfo/gi-common.php on line 296

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content