Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 09:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Any way to integrate a blog feed as regular posts?

MattGuest

Anonymous
I have been working a bit with setting up a geeklog site and wonder if there is a way to integrate a feed from a blogger.com account as a general post. The account outputs an .xml file with the posts in it. basically, I don't want to create a separate block and I dont want links to the posts but rather content of the posts to appear in a category of my choosing. I am seeing if there is a way that when there is a post on the blogger acount, it lists as a General News story as if I had just contributed a story through geeklog. Anybody understand what I am looking for? Anybody know if its possible and how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

-Matt

ironmax

Anonymous
Take a look at my site at http://www.spacequad.com and click on the KBArticle links to see if thats what you are kinda lookin for. Those are all XML feeds that have been customized to be served on my site from KBArticle. If you are intrested in how it was done, let me know.
Big Celebration

Mike

MattGuest

Anonymous
Hmm... I see what you mean... you were able to put a linked feed to the body rather than to a side panel. However, what I want is the actual content rather than a link to it. For instance... if I contributed a story as a featured story you would see all the text right there on the homepage. I want an xml feed to publish as featured stories by date. (not just the links themselves but the posted content) So if I posted an entry on a blogger.com account like:

Land of the Dead=crap
Don't go see Land of the Dead. One of the worst zombie movies ever. Huge disappointment!

you would see an entry on my geeklog frontpage like
------------
Land of the Dead=crap
Contributed by: bloggerfeed on Thursday, July 21 2005 @ 10:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Don't go see Land of the Dead. One of the worst zombie movies ever. Huge disappointment!
-------------

MattGuest

Anonymous
Figured I'd bump this once before giving up. Anyone? praying it will work

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content