Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 01:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gus Error: can't acess user functions

Charles

Anonymous
now I get this error:

Warning: Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/abc/public_html/geo/plugins/gus/functions.inc on line 162

any idea?

Thank you/Charles

asmaloney

Forum User

any idea?

Yep! I will look at a way to do this nicely in the next release, but in the meantime, try adding this to the top of the ip_to_hostname() function in functions.inc:

return( @gethostbyaddr( $ip ) );

This will bypass my fancy timeout for hostname lookup and revert to the old method. I will look at adding a config option for this.

- Andy

1000ideen

Forum User
Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/www/pr###/geeklog/plugins/gus/functions.inc on line 219

This looks like a similar error in verison 1.5 and GL 1.4.0rc2. Still the old problem? Same recommendation?

asmaloney

Forum User

Same problem - different solution.

I implemented the 'way to do it nicely' in version 1.4. Look at your config.php and change the option $_GUS_CONF['host_lookup'].

- Andy

1000ideen

Forum User
Thanks for your quick reply. The errors are strange. Accidentally I had 1.3 installed before as this had been the only version here on geeklog.net. ( I recommend deleting this file.)

I had no errors as long as I had admin and my IP ignored.

Now with 1.5 (gethostbyaddr) it is so that when I ignore my IP then it works o.k. in the GUS today menu but NOT o.k. in the GUS admin menu.

If I only add ignore User and not IP it both does not work o.k.

That means that external users always have an error code on top! So I`m stuck with this.

Another question (or is it the same?): Old stats showed something like this:

IP 66.249.71.78 HostName crawl-66-249-71-78.googlebot.com

GUS shows 66.249.71.78 66.249.71.78 Hm, can I switch it to the above? Is it related to the error? BTW Old stats is working parallel without problems :-)

1000ideen

Forum User
Thanks for developing 1.6! Now it works perfectly. Just one hint: when deactivating the plugin the wo-block should be deactivated too automatically.

And it would be lovely if that block contained bots like described here.
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=10&showtopic=60002

Thanks!!! Its a deal - shaking hands

asmaloney

Forum User
Just one hint: when deactivating the plugin the wo-block should be deactivated too automatically.

I would like to do that, but geeklog doesn't inform plugins when they are being activated/deactivated. I submitted a patch for this about a year ago... Don't know if it will be supported in 1.4.

In terms of the bots, I support the main ones which are in that thread. Which other ones do you mean?

- Andy

1000ideen

Forum User
Well, it is anyway a strange exception that the plugin is deactivated. With the bots I 'll tell you later.

At present I`m stuck with a normal user who can`t see GUS [today] in his user functions block unless he is GUS admin. GL 1.4.0rc2

I suppose this was meant with this code?
Text Formatted Code
// Set to 1 to enable user stats menu option in the 'User Functions' block
$_GUS_user = 1;

1000ideen

Forum User
I just read the note, that you added the bots to the WO-block. That's a great toy, abolutely useless but fun.

I`m still stuck with one thing. How can I make "logged-in users" see the normal statistics?
>>Set up security. Upon install, only the root users have access to statistics admin and viewing. You can delegate control for either of these functions through the user and group editors.
I can make a "logged-in user" GUS Admin but what do I do if I only want them to see the stats?

Text Formatted Code
// Enable anononymous access to summary stats
$_GUS_anon_access = 1;

// Show a link in the main menu if user has permission to access the stats
$_GUS_enable_main_menu_GUS = 1;

asmaloney

Forum User
There is a feature called gus.view, so you can create a 'GUS View' group. assign it gus.view, and add users to it. They will then have access through their user menu.

- Andy

1000ideen

Forum User
Now I got it thanks. Maybe this hint would be good in the instructions?

Anyway it is not easy to grant gus.view to logged in users witout creating a new group. One probably needs Blain`s "Group Access - Check Feature and Group Access Access Block".

So maybe that's a future feature Question

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content