Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:42 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

only one user online/ can't move to other categories/Access Denied

tomdetune

Forum User
Hi,
I am running the newest version of geeklog for a couple of weeks and everything worked perfect.
Since my hoster had a breakdown, there are several problems with GL. First of all I can't login. I am getting an error that I mistyped, but that's not true.

The visitor can see the startpage articles only and it isn't able to move to other categories. There's no error - it just shows the the article from the home category.

I activated the users online block and I always see one user online, although there much more users online.

When click on one of my staticpages Geeklog says:

Access Denied
Access to this page is denied. Either the page has been moved/removed or you do not have sufficient permissions.

I repaired the analysed, repaired my hole database but this didn't solve my problem. My Hoster told me that he expand the rights for the database user with Create_tmp_table_priv="Y", Lock_tables_priv="Y")

I don't know what else I can do. Does anyone have had such a problem? I also check all paths and my error log, but I can't find any errors (logs are writeable) I am using spamx plugin which is disabled.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For the login problems, start here: I can't log in.

As for the other problems: Do you have Geeklog's url rewriting enabled? If so, try switching it off. If it works then, then your hoster changed something in their server configuration.

bye, Dirk

tomdetune

Forum User
url_rewrite is disabled, but I think the problem is php5. register_long_arrays isn't actived.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yep, that would explain a lot. Ask them to switch it on.

bye, Dirk

tomdetune

Forum User
hi Dirk,
thx for your fast response. register_long_arrays "on" solved the problem.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:42 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content